Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Garage Sale Finds

I really went a little overboard this past weekend at local garage sales! In fact, I bought so much, that I hate to put it all in one post and bore you all to death. So, I'll just hit the high spots! It all started Friday morning when I got up early to pick up Cooper. Usually we go to the mall and walk right after I pick him up, but on Friday we didn't walk. On the way back to the house, I spotted this sale with a bicycle. My son recently had his really expensive bicycle stolen in New Orleans. I was thrilled to find this Trek Mountain Bike 820 for $25! It is in great condition except for a little wear and tear on the seat! Now if this one gets stolen, it won't be such a big loss! Then the next morning, my sister and I took my mom out to the sales. She had knee surgery yesterday and last Sat. will be the last time she gets to go for awhile. I found this little porcelain box with three monkeys for 50 cents! There is an $18.00 price sticker on the bottom. For now, it is on the piano...don't know what I'll end up doing with it!I'm always looking for stuff to use on my porch. This little yellow bucket was 50 cents, and filled a bare spot on a shelf. This bowl with some 'permanent' fruit was $3.00. I may spray the wire bowl black..not sure yet. And finally I got this bird cage with the 'permanent' greenery for $4.00...another find for the porch! I will probably spray paint it either white or green like the wicker. I bought lots of other little things, and didn't spend much...less that $40.00 including the bike! It was fun, but the best part was spending time with mama and my sister! We all ate breakfast together, and browsed the Hope Village Thrift Shop for bargains before heading home. Have a great day!

14 comments:

Dawn said...

That stinks that your son's bike was stolen!!!! I'm glad you found such an inexpensive replacement!!! You have some great finds there! I like everything you shared. Reading all this blogging posts makes me want to go to flea markets and yard sales again. My only problem is that I would have to get rid of some of the junk I already have!

I hope your mom is doing well.

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Diane I so love your yard sale nature. You found some great buys. The bike is the best. I bet your son is thrilled. I detest people who steal and I don't understand why anyone could possibly think it's ok to steal. I guess that's just life.

Come see me and I will give you some plum preserves. Smile

Love ya, Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Diane, I forgot to mention, I hope your mom's surgery is ok. I'll send up some prayers for her. I am thinking I am going to have my knees done too. I see the Dr. this Friday for some info. Keep me posted on your mom's recovery.

Love, Jeanne, again

Rhondi said...

Hi Diane
Don't you just love garage sales? My entire home is filled with treasures I got at yard sales. You did well this weekend!
I didn't intend to chnage the song on my blog but all of a sudden the firstsong just didn't play and when I wnet to playlist it had been removed from their selections. So I had to choose a new artist. Glad you like him.
Hope youhave a great day.
Hugs, Rhondi

Steve Buser said...

Sounds like a great treasure hunt.

Cathy said...

Diane....what great finds! Sometimes I get in the mood to yard sale....and I can't quit....I have enough stuff, to open my own store! That bike looks like a good one!
Have a great day....Cathy

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

You picked up some nice things at that sale, Diane.

Wow that bike was a real bargain!

I'm sorry to hear about your son's expensive bike being stolen. New Orleans has a high crime rate these days, but we had a great experience there when we visited in the fall. My daughter dropped her wallet on Bourban Street (she had a floppy bag and it fell out)A local hotel worked found it and called her to come and pick it up and would not even accept a reward! There was $200 and credit cards in the wallet and nothing was touched! I wrote a nice letter to the hotel mangagement about their honest employee.

I hope you Mom recovers quickly!

Anonymous said...

What a great find with the bike. I never get that lucky. I guess I would if I got up early enough to hit the garage sales. (not a morning person)

I'm loving that cute yellow bucket with the metal flower.

Brandee :-)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful treasures you got. Love the planter stand. Come over to my post tomorrow....You've been Tagged! You have a wonderful day!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Diane,
thanks for stopping by my site tonight. I appreciate your comments. And I love the old wire bird house. :)

Gone said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT time!! I love stopping at sales...some more to go to tomorrow!!

Thanks for stopping in...and leaving comments!!

~Blessings,
jan

Southern Lady said...

Diane, I love your yard sale treasures, especially the bird cage.

I hope your mom's surgery went well and she's feeling better now. Hopefully, it won't be long before she can go to yard sales with you again.

You take care now and try to stay cool!

Sincerely,
Janie

Classics and Country said...

You have such great stuff! I like how you put everything together You snapshots are great too.

nikkicrumpet said...

Great buys...I especially love the little yellow bucket!