Thursday, July 24, 2008

Monkeys, Cabinets and Rainbows

Yesterday Cooper and I went with my friend Beth to Jackson, Ms. for her dr. appointment. We had lots of fun, but boy am I tired today. We stopped a total of 7 places counting the doctors office. That doesn't sound like much, but think about getting a baby in and out of a hot car that many times in nearly 100 degree weather! But Cooper was a great little shopper, and soaked it all up with those big blue eyes!

One of our first stops was School Aids. Beth is still teaching first grade and wanted to pick up a few items. I thought this monkey theme was a cute display.

Even though I'm not teaching anymore, I found something to buy. Cooper's little eyes lit up when he spotted this monkey puppet. So of course it's his now!I have cabinets on my mind since I'm on the lookout for a media type cabinet for under the TV. I thought this cabinet in a resale shop called From Our House to Yours was so cute. (not for my TV) It was painted the prettiest shade of lilac on the inside. Notice the big knobs.
Thanks to Janie from Southern Lagniappe, I found a new antique store that I hadn't been to before. This cabinet is really close to what I'm looking for.. It is wider and not as deep as the oak ice box, and I think would look better. I'm still not sure though...may be a little too rustic.
Here's another that was very similar painted green.
And finally.....look what I had waiting for me when I got home! We had to drive slow in certain places due to heavy rain. I wasn't expecting to see this beauty. It was lighly sprinking when I walked out made the picture from my front yard.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great day!

15 comments:

Dawn said...

One of the things that I think is going to be the hardest for me when I retire is not doing the back to school shopping!!! I've already begun my trips to Staples.

The monkey Cooper got is very cute. I think my grandson would like that too!

I like the new "options" for under your new TV.

The rainbow is beautiful. What a great treat to come home to!

take care,
Dawn

Picket said...

Morning girl...loved that sweet Cooper & his little monkey! I remember over 35 yrs ago we were stationed in Kansas and mama was always sending 'care' packages and one day the UPS man showed up with a hug box and right up on top of everything was a beautiful stuffed little monkey for Jay...oh I still can hear him squeal when he hugged it and said 'This is my monkey!" lol Girl That green cabinet was beautiful...I am getting to where I love painted furniture lately! Oh that rainbow was breath taking..So glad you had such a great day..hope today is even greater!

Gone said...

WOW, sounds like you had a fun-filled day!! Glad you got some ideas for storage under your TV!

~Blessings (I'm off to do some more painting),
Jan

Kim's Treasures said...

Cooper is a doll! Sounds like it was a long but fun trip. I really like the green cabinet you showed! I really love color but am so afraid to try something different...silly I know!
Have a great day!
Kim

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

That Cooper is a cutie!!! ...beautiful eyes!

I have a few awards for you...drop in when you get a chance! :)

Hugs, Rhonda

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Ahhh...what a pretty rainbow! The only thing better to look at was the sparkle in Cooper's eyes as he looked at you and the monkey puppet!

I like the green cabinet a lot. I have a thing for green ..lol!

Hugs, Pat

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Diane, I love everything about the trip....Cooper is a doll!!! I really think I love that rustic cabinet, the green one is pretty too. Hope you have a great day. nancy

Anonymous said...

Hi Dianne! Loved going shopping with you! I really liked everyone of those cabinets and it would be hard for me to pick out one. What a sweet little Cooper - cute little name! Oh, how wonderful to see a rainbow!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Diane, it is a little, ok a lot, crazy around here. I so loved your post today. Love the Lets Go Bananas display. The kids should love it. Cooper is way too pretty to be a boy.
Loved the furniture choices. But above all that, a rainbow to finish off the day. Wow!

Love ya, Jeanne

The Berry's Patch said...

Oh, I wish we would get rain. Supposedly it rains here but it somehow skips our house. Little Cooper looks adorable with his cute little monkey.

Brandee :-)

Joanne Kennedy said...

Cooper is such a doll. Love those big eyes! I bet he can bat those eye lashes and get anything he wants from grandma.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi Dianne , what a pretty baby,those rosy little cheeks and those big blue eyes, he will be a heart breaker !

Anonymous said...

hi I just found you, lovely blog, my fave is the green one, happy bloggging! Sarah

Anonymous said...

Diane,
Your grandson is a Cutie! Love the antique cabinets. It's beautiful! Hope you had a great time. Smiles :)

Kelli said...

Cooper is so cute and what a lovely rainbow to come home to!
~Kelli