Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My First Award!!

I am so excited! I received my first award! Janie at Southern Lagniappe has honored me with the Arte y Pico Award. Her blog was one of the first I came across when I first started blogging, and she is one of the reasons I have stayed with blogging. I will visit her blog, and often she will have a post that expresses what I've been thinking. I love her stories and style of writing. She writes about lots of Southern things...places I've been to and seen, and I love hearing her perspective on life. If you haven't been there, please visit her and comment on her latest post. Thanks so much Janie!


The guidelines for giving and receiving this award are as follows:
1. Pick 5 blogs that you feel are deserving of the award.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name of the link to the blog that gave it to him/her.
4. The award winner and the one who has given the prize has to show the link of 'Arte y Pico' so that everyone knows the origin of this award.
5. Show these rules on the award page
*************************************************
It is really hard to pick just 5 blogs, because they all are so good and I read lots more than these 5! Having said that....

I would like to award the Arte y Pico award to these 5 blogs:

Dawn at Dawn's Day Break- Dawn is a teacher and posts about many different topics. When I visit her blog, it's like saying 'Surprise Me!'

Rosemarie at SugarPlum Cottage- Rosemarie lives close to me! She often has beautiful garden pictures, loves flea markets and has an antique booth. It's fun keeping up with another Mississippi gal!

Beverly at How Sweet the Sound- Beverly is like the Miss Hospitality of blogging. She hosts Pink Sat. each week and it seems to me hers is always the first comment on each Pink Sat. post. Also, when a fellow blogger is under the weather she creates a post reminding us to pray as she did with BJ.

Kelli at There's No Place Like Home- I enjoy Kelli's blog! She is a young mom and often posts recipes, crafts, etc. And she has the same name as my daughter.

Jeanne at Backyard Neighbor posts about places she sees and goes. I like keeping up with this friendly blogger! We seem to have alot in common.
Please visit these great blogs and leave a comment...you won't be disappointed!

11 comments:

Tootsie said...

congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award and thank you for awarding it on to me. I did receive your email, and I was having trouble with typepad this morning too. I couldn't get to the comments at all. You have a great post with interesting text. You are very deserving of this award.

Have a happy day today.

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Diane. We do have a wonderful community of bloggers, and the fellowship is so supportive.

Everyone seems to bring something different to the table, thereby providing a unique and diverse platform.

Thank you for sharing this with me, and for your kind words. It means so much.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Diane!

Wow this is your week! Conratulations as I have an award for you on my blog today, brcause you are "just plain fun to read'!

Hugs, Pat

Dawn said...

Congratulations!! I enjoy your blog and look forward to seeing what you have to post each day.

Thank you for passing it along to me! I am honored.

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane! Congratulations on your award. Janie is such a nice lady! I have visited Dawn but now I will visit the others you listed too! Hope you're having a great day - Jeannette

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! I didn't even know there were blog awards. *LOL* Thanks for sharing the links to the other blogs. I'm eager to go have a looksy. :-)

Kelli said...

Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for giving one to me as well! I hope you are having a great Tuesday!
~Kelli

Rhondi said...

Congratulations on your award!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Diane, Congratulations on your award!!! You certainly deserve it! "smiles" I just love visiting over here!

Hugs, Rhonda

Gone said...

Congratulations again...wow, 2 awards back to back~!~ Awesome!!!