Monday, July 7, 2008

Shopping at Sam's Club

Do any of you shop at Sam's club? We have one here in town, and I like to go in there every week or two. There are so many products available that are not available in other stores, or that I haven't tried before. I thought I would show you two of the products I bought the last time I was there that I will buy again. Sometimes it helps to have someone recommend something...especially since the quantities are large...too much waste if you don't like it!
Pictured above is a box of Philly Swirl Popsicles that come in three delicious flavors: Very Berry, Orange Dream, and Cherry Melon. Sounds good doesn't it? But the very best part of this is that they only have 10 calories each. That's right TEN! You can have more than one of these and not feel guilty. These chicken quesadillas make good lunches...in place of a sandwich.I like to cook them in the oven but you can put them in the microwave. They have 240 calories each, and are great with a salad or baked Tostidos and salsa. They come 12 to a box. They are good enough to serve as appetizers too...just cut them into wedges with your pizza cutter.
Do any of you have favorite Sam's Club products that you can recommend?

14 comments:

artis1111 said...

I live 3 minutes from Sam's. I don't go much cause I don't buy in bulk. The WalMart is right beside it.I am in there at least once a day.Kathy

Dawn said...

I've never been to Sam's. We don't have one anywhere near us. I usually shop at the two local grocery store chains. The Popsicles look good...especially the orange!!!

take care,
Dawn

Unknown said...

I love Sam's but I always seem to spend way over my budget. I know buying in bulk helps you to save in the long run but... my freezer is so small I really cant buy in large amounts. Those popcicles look so yummy....Thanks for sharing and I will look for those popcicles! Susie H~

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Diane, I will have to try the swirl pops next time I go Sam's! I love the t'shirts at Sam's. Pretty sad when your wardrobe comes from Sam's Club, huh? LOL! But I do get a lot of pieces from there and they wash and fit well! Got several pairs of capris that I love! I'm not a big "mall shopper!" LOL! Have you tried the Tyson Tequila Lime Wings. You can't taste the tequila! But they are so good! We just warm them in the microwave and dip them in ranch dressing!

Hope you had a great 4th weekend!
Hugs, Rhonda :)

Anonymous said...

We buy the clothes and sometimes the pre-made meals. I like Sams because it isn't as crowded as Costco.

Brandee :-)

Rue said...

Hi Diane :)

I don't shop at Sam's club, but I might have to for those quesadillas ;)

rue

Sarah Taylor said...

Diane,
I've just stopped by from Southern Lagniappe...you have a lovely place here! We don't have a Sam's Club nearby but those popsicles look wonderful! I'll look forward to visiting again!
Sarah

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Diane, I'm so glad you went to Cahaba Heights. There are several neat stores down there, but I like the one you went to. There's always something fun to look at. Sorry you got in the traffic, that's part of B'ham too. But, it's still not as bad as Atlanta!

Rhoda

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane! I just joined Sams a couple of weeks ago. I can definitely recommend their croissants in the bakery/bread dept. I slice them, toast them and spread jam on them! Fattening as can be but on a Sunday morning with a fresh cup of coffee - delicious. I need to try the quesadilles next! Enjoy - Jeannette

Anonymous said...

I have never shopped at Sam's but my daughter does. We shop at Costco, only sadly we have moved where there is nothing but a Walmart, not even a super Walmart. However, we love where we live so much, so we can't complain. Admittedly, I miss the wonderful things we could buy at Costco, which I am sure is a lot like Sam's.

Take care, Jeanne

Joanne Kennedy said...

We have Sam's and Costco. They always have some new and fun items. I like that they always have samples to test of new items.

Joanne

Picket said...

Hello friend..we have a Sam's right next to our Wal-Mart...I usually go there around the holidays..they have those frozen little snack size quiche thingies that I love!!! lol Hope you had a great weekend and thanks so much for coming by!!!

Kelli said...

We have a Costco which I think is very similar. Those goodies look delicious...I will have to see if I can find them here!
~Kelli

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Diane, I will have to get some of those chicken quesadillas, my boys love those. Thanks for sharing your finds...Hope you have a great week. Nancy