Sunday, October 5, 2008

How I spent almost a $

It seems that the more I go to garage sales, the cheaper I get! I love getting things really dirt cheap....maybe it's because I really don't need the things I'm buying, but if they are priced really low, it makes it okay! Right??

Actually, I spent more than 95 cents at the garage sales this weekend, but I'm only going to include the things in this post that added up to 95 cents!

In this first picture, I got these little tea cup bird feeders made from Fiestaware free! (Okay, I did buy a bookcase at an estate sale, and they threw these in with the deal!)
So they were still free right???

These two little magnetic picture frames were 15 cents for both! I took them right in and found a picture of Connor and Cooper that would fit. Since I'm working, it is great to find things that don't need anything done to them! If my "to be done" project list wasn't so long already, I might recover them with some other scrapbook paper.
There's something about a brand new price tag with a garage sale sticker of 5 cents over it that makes me really happy!
It was attached to this brand new little scarecrow from the dollar store. I actually thought about buying a couple of these the other day, so I saved 95 cents! So now we're up to a total of 20 cents for the items.
Then I bought this ceramic pumpkin candle holder for 25 cents. I really struggled with this...the price seemed a little high after the other bargains I got! But since it is so close to Halloween, I bought it. I'll put it out the night trick or treaters come by. Now I'm up to 45 cents.
And, here is a stem of fall foliage that still had the 5.99 price tag on it. I paid 50 cents for this. I stuck it in a vase, and put it in front of the mirror on the sideboard. Looks like lots more that way! LOL
Now my total is 95 cents for all the items pictured in this post.
It is fun to see how far I can stretch a dollar! As I said before, I really spent more than a dollar, and I'll blog about some of those things later. I had fun shopping with my sister and mother. There were so many sales this weekend, that we couldn't get around to them all. It seems like the first Sat. of the month is a popular day for sales!

We ran into these two ladies in the picture below at the estate sale. This is Amber, my cousin, and Vickie. Don't you just love the car they ride around to the sales in?
Vickie bought some great barrel planters, and Amber bought a bamboo chair and pretty little blanket at the estate sale.
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

23 comments:

Bo said...

Morning Diane...I know what you mean about getting "cheap"...when you price things in the stores after getting spoiled at good garage sales, the prices seem outrageous...and besides, GS are more fun! ;-) Bo

Southern Lady said...

Sounds like you had fun, Diane ... and got some neat things. I love the little magnetic frames. ~~ Janie

Darlene said...

Morning Diane,

Looks like you got some great items...I especially LOVE the birdie teacup feeders. Those can be pretty pricey!! CUTE, CUTE!! GREAT price!

Gone said...

Wow...you sure s t r e t c h e d $ far!!! Great deals!!!

Jan

Darlene said...

Hi Diana,
I'm back again. Stop by my blog and pick up an award I gave you.

SmilingSally said...

That does it! I'm on my way to Mississippi as your state has the BEST bargains.

nikkicrumpet said...

Well you are definitely the queen of bargains!!! Sounds like you had a great time too. Doesn't get any better than that. Have a glorious Sunday!

Unknown said...

OK, Seriously, WAY TO GO! I just love a good bargain, and you got some GREAT deals this weekend. Garage sales just make me delighted to no end! I can't wait to read more about you. God bless.
Oh, and those fiesta bird feeders are WAY too cute!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Diane, I love you teacup birdfeeders. You did great finding those unneeded treasures at a bargian price. I can't wait to see what else you bought!!
Hugs, ~Terrie~

Anonymous said...

Diane, it is Sunday afternoon and all of my kids just left. We came home from the wedding after midnight and no time to post. Anyway you are right, Beverly guessed too. Ten is the magic number. Smile.

As usual your garage sale purchases are terrific. I love hearing about your good buys. Good job with the magnetic picture frames with Connor and Cooper.

I have so busy with my children I didn't find time to post today. A first. There is always tomorrow.

Hugs...Jeanne

Sue said...

I love your teacup bird feeders...you ALWAYS find such neat things---at great prices!

bloggin' Chrystal said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...YOU'D be a blast to shop with! You find some fantastic buys.

Anonymous said...

You found some great things, Diane! Yes, those birdfeeders are free and oh so cute, too!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

You go girl !! What a shopper you are !

Alexandra MacVean said...

Dang, girl...you really DO know how to find the real deals!!! :)

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Diane; Wow I would love to go to garage sales with you. You really can make a dollar stretch. I have not been to any garage sales for a while, now I am going to have to go to some and see if I can do what you did. lol I will let you know.

Have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

Love it all, Diane! I, too, am a cheapie!

Sarah said...

Hi Diane! You're invited to "My Favorite Things Monday" inspired by the Sound of Music! You sharing a picture and story of your current 'favorite thing' that cheered you up when life got you down, would be a blessing! I hope you can come! www.sarahlcc.blogspot.com

Marie said...

Wow! GREAT deals. I can relate to being cheaper and cheaper... lol I see things at thrift stores that I think are over-priced and I won't buy. hee hee

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Wow! I can't even get a cup of coffee for 95 cents any more. GREAT haul! And yes; I think the Fiesta planters count as free. :-)

Christie said...

Hey Diane! Sounds like you had a fun time and got some bargains too...girl, that's why I love yard sales so much. You just never know what you are gonna come home with and I also love the thrill of the hunt too...I love all of your finds! Have a great day!
xoxo,
Queenie

Blogger said...

Great buys, cute car :) :)

Bella

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to your blog before, just wanted to visit. You seem to love gargage selling. Come over for a visit sometime. I'd like to meet you.

Hugs,
Chris