Friday, October 31, 2008

Magical Memories

Our first full day in Orlando was last Thursday. We had a 2 day pass to the Disney Theme parks, so we chose to go to the Magic Kingdom first. It was by far our favorite theme park of the 3 we ended up visiting! I used Picasa 3 to make some collages of our pictures.

The Magic Kingdom was all decked out with fall decor and pumpkins! I couldn't help but think of all of you bloggers that have been posting fall decor and pumpkins when we saw this-you would have loved it!
When we first got there, we saw Alvin and the Chipmunks. Chad bought Connor an autograph book so he could get their autograph!
Connor picked out this face painting from a display! I thought it was perfect for him!
We just happened to be in the right place at the right time to see the parade. Connor had a front row seat on the curb with some other children. I think all of us adults thought the parade was one of the most fun things about the Magic Kingdom!
Another one of the highlights was meeting Mickey and Minnie. Connor got their autograph too! Cooper was very interested in checking out their noses!
Cooper's first ride was on the flying Dumbo!
One of the highlights of the Magic Kingdom for me was taking Cooper through the It's a Small World ride. I was amazed at the details and beauty of the surroundings! He cooed and cooed throughout the whole ride while waving bye to the characters! I love the expression on his face in the bottom right photo.
The second theme park we visited was the Disney Hollywood Studios. It rained that day, so as soon as we got there we bought ponchos! (For a very hefty price I might add!) LOL
Connor meets the Green Army man, stars of Toy Story and the movie Cars! We asked why he didn't get the autograph of the cars and he rolled his eyes and said, "They don't have any hands!"
This one is a little blurry, but I had to include it! It is one of the few times I've seen Connor more than a little scared! This was made on a ride which took us through movie sets. The ride was slow, but gangsters tried to ambush the tour guide! I was worried that he was really going to get upset...we kept reassuring him that it wasn't real! Cooper slept through the whole thing. LOL
And finally, we saw a wonderful show at the end of the day called Fantasmic. It was worth waiting for-all of us agreed that it was our favorite part of the Hollywood Theme park. The picture in the right hand corner is Connor enjoying a comedy show while Kelli and Chad rode a roller coaster he wasn't quite old enough for.
I'm so thankful for digital photography and for the pictures that will help us keep these memories alive. Now if I can just get around to having them printed out-and then making a scrapbook!

For other family photos visit Deborah at Pictures Pots and Pens. Thanks Deborah for hosting Family Foto Friday!

28 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow, your photos are great. It looks like just the most wonderful time was had by all. I keep telling myself that someday I'll make it there.

I know Connor will never foget it. I hope you get your pictures printed and made into a scrapbook. I'm so far behind myself.

take care,
Dawn

Southern Lady said...

I loved seeing your pictures, Diane. Isn't it wonderful to be able to capture all those memories in your pictures.

I, too, have plans to make a scrapbook, but I can't stop taking pictures long enough to do it!

Sincerely,

Janie

Picket said...

Morning girl....ohh that just so looks like the perfect family place to go and you captured so many beautiful memories! I loved seeing the different expressions on those sweet babies faces (altho I know little Connor isn't a baby! lol)I hope they have a great time tonight trick or treating! Happy Halloween girl!

Shell in your Pocket said...

so cute...I love how you put four pictures together...that is great!! What fun time!
-sandy toes

SmilingSally said...

I've been to Disney so many times, but each time I go, I'm impressed at the details. It seems they think of everything.

said...

Your photos are terrific. They reminded me so much of our Disney World vacation about 7 years ago. The kids did the autograph books, the parades were marvelous, and they also got their faces painted - such great memories!

I've always said that one Disney World visit was enough for me but seeing these photos make me think otherwise. :o)

Darlene said...

WOW fabulous pictures and what GREAT memories!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Diane, I have just looked at your Disney posts. They are fabulous! Loved the photos.

I'm catching up this morning, too. Even though I had my laptop, the wireless/internet in our cabin didn't want to cooperate, so I stopped at the registration building a few times to catch up, but time was limited. I have a ton of blogs to read!

We just arrived home yesterday and met with a penguin at the punkin patch. Today I'm spending time on the computer, visiting. At least for awhile. Have to prepare for the goblins, too!

Your g'kids are beautiful. I'm looking forward to more family photos!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Ramona said...

Diane ~ Such wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend...bring on the cranberries and pumpkin pie...that is my new saying!

Smiles ~ Ramona

duchess said...

Looks like everyone is having a great time.
My kids love Disney. What a good time to go.
Happy Halloween!

Grandma Faith said...

I can tell you all had a fabulous time in Disney World. Your pictures are wonderful. I know from experience how much fun it is to BE THERE when the grandkids are having so much fun. Love, Faith

Anonymous said...

Morning, Diane! What great photos of your trip and those little darlings! What fun you must have had.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Beauty Bargainista said...

You know its funny, but I dont think it matters how old or how young you are, Disney is always awesome! I went for the first time when I was 21! I took my daughter for her 4th birthday, and we had the best time!

Beth at Aunties said...

Diane,
I enjoyed seeing Disney World through your eyes and those of your precious grandsons. Fun filled trip.
Conner looked adorable with his face painted!
Have a happy and safe Halloween,

Your award was on yesterday's post.
Please come get it.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Love your pictures and the way you grouped them together! Disney was really neat decked out in pumpkins! Looks like you all had load of fun! Hope Cooper and Conner enjoy Halloween, and gets lots of treats! :) ~Rhonda

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Those are some Awesome photos! Have fun making your scrapbook! Take Care!!

Sherrie

Bo said...

Hi Diane, there's nothing like getting to enjoy the sights through a child's eyes, is there? You captured the experience perfectly. Happy Halloween ;-) Bo

Steve Buser said...

Your tour through the Magic Kingdom brings back a lot of good feeling memories. The face painters have gotten a lot better, but the old favorites are still there. I don't know how, with all the many times we have been through MK, that we missed the Halloween time.

Rue said...

Hi Diane :)

I've never been to Disneyworld (only Disneyland) so this was a real treat for me! Smallworld was always one of my very favorite rides. Did they have Pirates of the Carribean and the haunted house too?

Great pictures and beautiful family!

Happy Halloween :)
rue

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

I'm like you - I'm thankful for cameras - digital or not! Such memories that capture and hold for us and the future generations.

I can't wait to take our grandchildren to Orlando! Is Conner still talking about it?

Hugs,
Deborah

Lorrie said...

These are such super pictures. I can't believe how intricate Connor's face painting is. It's fun to see what a good time your family had.

Anonymous said...

wonderful pics Diane, Disney sure is magical, we went lots to Florida when we lived in England..just magical when the kids watch the parades

Sarah

Magnolia Memories08 said...

Oh Diane the pictures are worth a
thousand words. I know that Connor
really enjoyed each and every minute. Cooper you could tell was just fascinated by it all. Please
continue to share the pictures with me. We have two beautiful children and the most gorgeous
grandsons! Your blog is so full
of wonderful moments captured on camera.

nikkicrumpet said...

I love going to Disney with little kids...it's such a great time. I enjoyed sharing it with your family!

Anonymous said...

Luv the pic of Conner's painted face! And he's an "eye roller" like cousin Amber to boot! Glad y'all had fun!
Amber

kari and kijsa said...

SO fun!!! Have a safe and happy Halloween!
smiles,
kari & kijsa

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

That is the most amazing face painting job that I have ever seen! Looks like a complete blast! :)
Carrie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I loved looking at all your photos Diane -- it's so nice to see how your grandsons reacted to everything, as I'm already planning on how old old my future grandson has to be so we can take him to Disneyworld ...lol!

Did you ever have photos printed out from Picasa? I haven't tried it yet and I wondering if it's a good as Kodak and Shutterfly.