Wednesday, October 15, 2008

More Fall at the Shrimp Fest

It seems that the theme on so many of the blogs that I've looked at this week have had fall posts. This past weekend at the Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores you wouldn't really have known it was fall-most everyone was in shorts and cool clothes, and lots of people were on the beaches because the temperatures were still pretty warm.

For some reason, my camera seemed to be drawn to fallish arts and crafts. Here are a few things that I spotted that I really liked.

This first picture shows 'pokes' that are made to stick in pumpkins. There are tiny nails at the bottom of these little wooden painted shapes.
I really did like this wreath, and I think the price of 65 dollars was not too bad! It had been reduced...not sure what the starting price was. I really love the little squirrel peeking through the fall leaves!
This little scarecrow on a hay bale was at the same booth.
For all you recyclers out there-here are bird feeders made from old tires and screen.
Mississippi gardener Felder Rushing would love these pumpkin planters made from old tires. He has a tire tree in his garden!
And everywhere we went there were the cutest little girl fall outfits! We don't have a little girl, but I couldn't help taking this picture! We didn't see any little boy clothes!
I saw LOTS that I would like to have had, but didn't buy! Actually I didn't want to carry anything around and we had to park a good distance away. I did buy a CD with the Andes Flutes called Wind Rhythms-Pathways to Heaven. It is full of praise and worship songs. The flutist was performing Shout to the Lord when we were there, so that's the one I bought. It is really a beautiful collection of music. When we played it in the car, Cooper got so quiet..it's almost like he went into a trance! LOL

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great day!

27 comments:

Southern Lady said...

What a fun post, Diane. I love the little girl fall outfits, especially the checked one with the polka dot bows. How cute!

I liked the little scarecrow, too, and probably would have had to take him home with me if I had been there (along with one of the cute outfits for Avery ... lol).

Sincerely,

Janie

Gone said...

How cute Diane. I love the recycled tires made into feeders for our feathered friends.

~Blessings,
Jan

Bo said...

Morning Diane...Was that a real pumpkin that had the pokes in it...it was HUGE...Cute idea...I wish I had some shrimp right now at 6:56 AM... ;-) Bo

Anonymous said...

wonderful pictures!!! You went to a great fall fair. I could have bought a lot of things there just from those pics you showed me.
I particularly liked that tire birdfeeder how clever was that? The aprons are pretty too...ohhhh so many lovely items.
Glad you had such a good time.
have another good day today!
Judi

Anonymous said...

wonderful pictures!!! You went to a great fall fair. I could have bought a lot of things there just from those pics you showed me.
I particularly liked that tire birdfeeder how clever was that? The aprons are pretty too...ohhhh so many lovely items.
Glad you had such a good time.
have another good day today!
Judi

SmilingSally said...

Anything that'll put an active little boy "into a trance" is worth whatever you paid for it! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Morning, Diane!! I just love the fallness you're showing this morning. That wreath is beautiful. I just made two for my two front doors and will be posting on them soon!! Have a wonderful day!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Linda said...

After looking at all of these pictures...I'm sooo in the mood for a good craft fair!!

Your CD sounds wonderful. I'm such a lover of praise and worship music. It can put me in a trance too!

Darlene said...

Great pictures...I especially like the pumpkin tire planter....CUTE!!! Actually there are a lot of cute things that were there!

Gabriela said...

Hello,

This is such a fun post! Loved it!

~ Gabriela ~

nikkicrumpet said...

I love that big pumpkin planter! Very cute!

PAT said...

I loved seeing all the fall photos, Diane.

bloggin' Chrystal said...

Oh Diane...I love Gulf Shores! My family and I visit there every summer. We stay at the Tropic Isle. I would have loved to crab some of those girl clothes! My little princess is 8 now but perhaps there was her size too. Sounds like you had a ball!

The Berry's Patch said...

Cute Fall decor. Sometimes I'm not in the mood to buy, I just look. I think I have too much Fall decor anyway. :-)

Alexandra MacVean said...

I like the punkin pokes and punkin pot! :)

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I'm catching up on blogs, and WOW you did a much better job of documenting your weekend than I did! I totally flaked and forgot to take pictures. Looks like you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Diane,

The photos of all the crafts were really cute. I loved the wreath with the squirrel too.

What a fun weekend you must have had.

Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Diane, i can't believe I am commenting this late but I was gone all day for various Dr. appts. dental and the vet. all is well now thank goodness. One more month of therapy.

I love your photos of the crafts you saw on your weekend. I enlarged the wreath and the little squirrel is so cute and the wreath was gorgeous. I want a new one now.

I think you would like to have a granddaughter. smile. The outfits are so cute. Those pokes were cute too. A good idea. I am so happy you had such a great time.

Hugs...Jeanne

Dawn said...

Those are really nice pictures. I am particularly drawn to the tire pumpkin planter. It's great!!! It would certainly last a long time!

When I went to the Seaside Festival this weekend I didn't buy anything either because I had to park so far away!!!

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

take care,
Dawn

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

The outfits - how darling! I would have definitely snapped one of those up in a hurry!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This festival looks like it was so much fun! Nice crafts for sale too. I always browse all of the booths when I go to festivals like this, intending to go back to the booths I like to buy things, but then I never do ... so frustrating sometimes....but I always remember to buy something to eat..lol!

Free Art Printables said...

Cute stuff! I love that wreath!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

oh I like the ideal about the tires.

cherry said...

What fun....I need to see if there are any Fall festivals around here. WE need to go get our pumpkins at the patch . cherry

cherry said...

What fun....I need to see if there are any Fall festivals around here. WE need to go get our pumpkins at the patch . cherry

cherry said...

What fun....I need to see if there are any Fall festivals around here. WE need to go get our pumpkins at the patch . cherry

Lorrie said...

Such a neat post Diane--it's almost as good as being there! I just love all the Fall crafts. I'd like to hear your CD too--sounds beautiful!