Thursday, October 16, 2008

One Year Old Today-Happy Birthday Cooper!

I am really kinda teary-eyed writing this post- it is hard to believe that it has been a year since the day Cooper was born! He was almost born early- Kelli was put on bed rest about a month before he was born from premature contractions. Then it seemed like she would NEVER go into labor after she was removed from the bed rest! I had just retired from teaching, and we would go to lunch together during the week, and walk around downtown hoping she would start having the contractions again. She was so ready for him to be born!

Here are a few of my favorite pics of Cooper. Lately, I have made a few of him not smiling, but I won't post those on his birthday! LOL

He was only a few hours old in this one...and so alert. It looks like he's looking right at the camera!
He looked like a little Eskimo baby at first with a head full of 'jet' black hair!
This is one Kelli made. She has it framed in his room. One of the doctors she works with told her she should enter it in a photo contest!
Here's one I made at my house. He seemed to love the camera from an early age! You can see how his hair has thinned out. He is about 6 months here.
Here he is at one of Connor's T ball games. I bought this little outfit for him to wear to the games.
He loves the stairs. We have a gate that we put up to keep him from climbing. If you let him, he'll climb all the way up by himself. Connor told me "Mimi, don't put up the gate. Just let him go up there. He won't hurt nothing." LOL
Sitting on the shelf of my little black table. I had to run quick to get the camera before he moved.
And a very recent one- riding on big brother's bike!
Cooper has brought us lots of pleasure! It is fun having a baby around again...and Connor has a baby brother to play with! I love keeping him and having him spend the night here. Mama, Daddy,and Connor are usually willing to let him come-but just for one night!

Happy Birthday Cooper!
Thanks for stopping by and looking at my Cooper pictures-I hope these are not ones I've posted before!

33 comments:

Gone said...

Happy Birthday Cooper!!!

Diane, he is soooooo cute!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures and stories!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Southern Lady said...

Awwww, Diane ...

He is so adorable and cuddly looking ... Give him a birthday hug for me.

One of these days those beautiful blue eyes are going to have a lot of southern belles swooning all over everywhere ... lol.

Sincerely,

Janie

Lorrie said...

Hi Diane, Thanks for your kind words. I look forward to making friends through blogging.

Cooper is such a sweetie- I can tell how much you love him and the fun you have with him. You are blessed!

SmilingSally said...

Happy Birthday to Cooper! He is a cutie. I love those eyes.

Marie said...

What a CUTIE! Happy birthday to Cooper!!

Blogger said...

What a cutie patootie! His eyes, he is so engaged! I know you love him more than words could ever say!!!

Bella

Anonymous said...

Diane, Cooper is more than cute, he is a beautiful child since the day he was born. I just want to hug him and wish him a happy birthday in person. I really miss not having babies to love. Mine are so grown up now. sigh.
Believe me, those years flew by. lol

Love, Jeanne

Darlene said...

Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday toooo You....
Happy BIRTHDAY dear Cooper....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

He is absolutely an adorable little boy!! His eyes are always so pretty and expressive. Have a fun one!

Connie said...

Happy Birthday Big Boy!

He is adorable and those cheeks remind me of Caroline. I so didn't realize that Kelli was your daughter. Where have I been? Under a rock I guess. I must have skipped a post telling us that you two were connected.
Enjoy that sweet little guy. Have a great day!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!
and Happy Birthday to Cooper!!!
He's a little doll. They sure do grow fast once you start feeding them..*s*. And Connor too. He must be happy to have a little brother around. I hope they get along well and have fun playing together. They will have more to share now that Cooper is getting older.

It is sooo very nice having little ones around isn't it? I have only Madeline so far...we'll see if I ever get another grandchild. Hopefully. But she is s treasure too.

I know Cooper will have a wonderful birthday and if his grandparents have a say it'll be even grander!

Have a lovely day.
Judi

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Diane!! Oh, my what a beautiful little boy - from the moment he was born until now! Those gorgeous eyes! What a little looker!! Happy Birthday, Conner!!

Oh, I'm just delighted to have a partnes in crime!! You know we just have to this sometimes, don't we?
Have a beautiful day and
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Give Cooper a hug and tell him Happy Birthday for me. That is the cutest youngin !

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy! He is a doll, Diane. I know you are enjoying every minute!

nikkicrumpet said...

OH MY GOSH he is so freaking cute! That face should be on TV!

CIELO said...

Ahhhh, can I take Cooper home with me?? He is too cute! Happy Birthday, sweet angel!

Blessings to you and yours sweet friend... and a big hug to the birthday angel! :)

cielo

Nancy Rosalina said...

OH Diane, He is adorable! And Happy Birthday to Connor! Blessings, Nancy

Bo said...

Happy 1st Birthday Cooper! Seeing that little cherub sure makes me wish I had one to cuddle & kiss...my only grandchild, Evan, will be 13 tomorrow...sniff-sniff
:-) Bo

Beth at Aunties said...

Happy Birthday Little Cooper!

He is a beautiful child. He has the looks that makes you heart melt. Doesn't time seem to fly by way too fast the first year? They grow each day and are so facinating and fun to be around. I enjoyed your sweet pictures.

Enjoy your day with him, and of course with Connor too.
Beth

MARIA said...

Happy Birthday Cooper!

He is so beautiful and lovely!
Thank you for sharing, I love to watch kids pics, and
Cooper is Special!

Have a blessing day!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Happy birthday to little Cooper! He IS gorgeous!!
Carrie

Mya said...

What a sweet little guy. Happy Birthday Cooper; I want to pinch your cute little cheeks so bad.
-Mya

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh Diane! Cooper was such a big beautful baby and he is one of the most adorable one year olds I've ever seen! He could be a child model very easily with thsoe big blue expressive eyes! HAPPY BIRTHDAY COOPER! I hope God blesses him always with love and happiness.

HUgs, Pat

The Berry's Patch said...

Happy Birthday to Cooper. He has such beautiful eyes. :-)

Angie said...

He is just so precious and I can see why y'all are crazy about him!

Rachel Berry said...

Hope he has a great birthday! He's such a cutie pie!! That little face of his!! OH man C.U.T.E.!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday dear Cooper! You are a sweetie pie!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie! Happy Birthday Cooper.

Gretchen

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Cooper is precious! He looks so pleased with himself on the shelf! :-) What a sweetheart...give him a birthday hug for me! Susan

Dawn said...

He is such a beautiful boy!!! From the pictures I've seen of him I never would have guessed he was born with such dark hair!

I enjoy having my grandchildren over. It is a wonderful feeling being a grandmother.

Thanks for sharing the pictures and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish for Cooper.

take care,
Dawn

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Precious!!! Those cute little cheeks :) Happy Birthday!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Awwww, Diane, what a precious baby!

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Being retired and having grandkids sounds so wonderful!

ROXY said...

What a cutie!! My niece is having her 1 year birthday party in a week. It's amazing how quickly they grow!!