Thursday, October 23, 2008

Potato Casserole: A Family Favorite

11th Heaven's Homaking Haven is hosting Homemaker Monday. Check out her blog for some other wonderful posts!

Here's a recipe for one of our family favorites.



Potato Casserole

Ingredients:

Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes or Frozen O’Brien potatoes

(thaw just long enough to break apart)

1 carton sour cream

1 can chicken of celery soup

2 cups sharp cheese-shredded or grated

Directions:

Mix all above ingredients together.

Topping:

Crushed Ritz Crackers (about one stack) or

Corn Flakes

1 stick of butter cut up

Bake for 2 hours at 350

Can be made up ahead and refrigerated. This also freezes well.


I usually make this at Thanksgiving when we go to my Aunt Gloria's and also at Christmas....and often for special birthday dinners through the year. It goes well with steak in place of baked potatoes.

10 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Diane, I have some awards that I'd like to share with you.

Shell in your Pocket said...

This is a family favorite of ours!
-sandy toes

Missy Wertz said...

Diane, this looks so good! Thanks for sharing!

Nola said...

That's got to be good; I love every single one of those ingredients, right up to the stick of butter. I'll put that on my list of dishes to try out!

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

We LOVE this too - so yummy!

Annabelle said...

This sounds so yummy! I'm going to try it.

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I could eat my weight in that stuff! Well, almost ;)

Hesses Madhouse said...

This looks wonderful! I can't wait to try it. I just figured it out, and as far as Weight Watchers goes, it's only about 5 points a serving if you use fat free sour cream. Not bad at all! Especially for something so yummy!

heidi said...

Oh YUM!! I'm gonna fix this up for my crew on the next menu cycle. Thank you for sharing it!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

This looks great! I have a bag of potatoes in my freezer just waiting to be used. I'll remember this! Thank you for linking up and I hope to see you next Homemaker Monday!