Sunday, October 26, 2008

Remembering the Summer

Visions of summer dance in my head!


I really do love the fall of the year! But browsing through my posts that I keep in draft, I found these pictures that I had uploaded and didn't write about. So, while I'm away, I will share them with you today!

We will be coming back tomorrow, and I'll have lots of 'new' blogging material I think!

Here's one of the critters I photographed when I first began blogging.
This is Gara...and new perennial I planted this year. It looks great in flower arrangements. I want to add more of it next year.
Purple cone flowers are one of my favorites!
And day lilies too! I bought some new ones recently on the half price rack at Lowes!
Hope you enjoyed my tour through my summer garden...it sure doesn't look like this now!
Thanks for visiting.
Diane

12 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Oooo, look at that day lily!

Darlene said...

I LOVED your tour through the summer garden......we will see the beauties again next year!!!!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh Diane, I will miss Summer! It's just the best!!! Thanks for sharing this! Nancy

southerninspiration said...

Nope, don't miss summer here! But I do LOVE that daylily! It's so purdy!

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Ahhh..memories of summer. I really need that on this blustery fall day we are having here today. The cold air is starting to settle in and I am definitely not ready for it. Thanks for the memories!

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane, what a beautiful goodbye tribute to summertime!! Hope you're having a marvelous time!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello Diane,
Beautiful flowers you had....my roses are fading.....I think my sub-aero roses will still bloom in the witner...so I will see if they do..I bought them at Cottage farm...It's at Mobile, Al. and you also can buy thier plants on QVC. Stopping by to see ya...haven't been by to visit you....been so busy...I haven't forgot you....Hope Ya'll having a great time...Kathy

nikkicrumpet said...

OHHHH I miss summer already! I just hate thinking about the dreaded winter to come! Come back safe!

Southern Lady said...

Diane, beautiful flowers -- I love the "Gara" ... it's so graceful looking.

I can't wait to hear about your trip and see your pictures, especially the ones of Connor and Cooper.

Sincerely,

Janie

Nola said...

Isn't it wonderful to go back and see how things progressed through the season!

Fifi Flowers said...

PRETTY photos! Still waiting for a REAL Fall here in SoCal.

Anonymous said...

Purple coneflowers are my favorite and yours are just beautiful. I know it will be a while until we see them again.

Gretchen