Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hooked on Lamps

Julia at Hooked on Houses and Kelli at There's No Place Like Home are both hosting a Friday blogging party. This week I will Show and Tell you some lamps that I'm hooked on!

I have a real weakness for lamps and can rarely pass up a good buy at a garage sale, estate sale or flea market. I counted the lamps in my house and if I counted right I have 30! They are spread all out of course and not used at once! Don't worry-I'm not going to post all of them. LOL


This first one is one I bought many years ago at a garage sale at a local bed and breakfast. I think it was $10.00 which is more than I've paid for lots of the lamps I have! It is one of my most used lamps and is on top of the piano.
This one is on the library table in the dining room. It came from one of those junky type antique flea market stores and cost $8.00.
Here's another 'antique mall' find from many years ago that is on a chest in the guest bedroom. I would love to 'work on' this one and tone down this shiny gold. I do like the shade and style of the lamp.
This one has a beaded shade and was from Kirkland's. It cost me nothing since it was one of my daughter's rejects when she moved! I use it on the computer desk.
And finally, here is one I photographed at an antique store in Collins, Ms. I love the 'double fixture' style of some of these vintage lamps. I'm not sure of the price, but I think it may have been $75.00.

As you can see, my lamps aren't fancy or expensive, but I love the way they add warmth to a room!

Thanks for stopping by,

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty! i could use a few more lamps (one can always say that, right?)

Blondie's Journal said...

Diane...great post!! Every lamp is pretty and has it's own personality which I love! :-)

I don't have luck with finding lamps but I love that sort of soft lighting over overhead lights.

Good job!

xoxo
Jane

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I just stopped by to tell you how ADORABLE your new header is. What a great idea.
Also, I wanted you to know that I'm in love with the vintage suitcase you decopauged for your family photos. Another great idea!
Thanks for the inspiration.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Diane, I can identify with your love of lamps! They are a favorite of mine too! That is the first section I hit, when I enter Home Goods! LOL! Yours are so pretty and unique! Hope you will show more of them!

Can't wait to try your pie below! I dieted for about a week, but faltered, but I am starting again Monday.

THANK YOU so much for your prayers and encouraging comments for my family over the last week! They meant so much! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Diane, you did well on your lamps! Love them all. Hope you are warming up... we're supposed to freeze again tonight.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I love lamps too. I don't have 30...but you do have some very nice ones!

Anonymous said...

Oh my-30 lamps! You must have a large home. Table lamps are so much more homey then recessed lights. You have a terrific variety.

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Diane
I just love all your lamps! Wow 30 of them? Yes you must be hooked on lamps! LOL
Thanks for sharing!
Love, Ann

playsdolls said...

HI Diane I love all your lamps,wish I had a few more in my house.

do you live in Collins,Mississippi? I live about 45 minutes from Collins.

Kathy said...

Nice lamps - I'm surprised you could leave behind the double fixture lamp in the last picture being a lamp lover!

Mom in High Heels said...

I'm just beginning my love affair with lamps. Shhh...don't tell M, he's starting to suspect something. He's noticed more and more lamps making their way into our house.

Southern Lady said...

Diane, I love lamps too and my favorite of yours is the first one. I like the shiny brass lamp, too, even if it is shiny ... lol

Hootin Anni said...

All of them are super. But I especially like the last one. And I love how you photographed it...sittin' by the mirror AND an apothecary jar.

My show n tell is finally posted. It's not much this week, but it's something. LOL

A Hint of Home said...

I love lamps! I did a whole post on mine once. Yours are very pretty!

Judy said...

Beautiful lamps. I love the second one.

LBP said...

Thanks for the enlightening post! Sorry, I'm a smarty pants!

I love all your lamps and I love the soft light lamps give rather than the harsh over head lights.

Blessings

Linda

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Love that antique lamp with the double fixture. How pretty! Thanks for joining my blog party today, Diane. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :-)

Anonymous said...

I am a lamp gal myself... and know the passion of them!
Thanks for sharing...
Just A Gal...

Irma said...

Gorgeous! It makes me want to go out and buy some lamps! I especially love the second one.

Linda Q said...

Fun show and tell. I have a weekness for lamps too, as my eyes do better with softer light in a room. I just like all the different lamps you can find.
LindaQ

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Love all your lamps girl..I have alot of lamps one of my many passions are collecting things...I love the student lamp...thanks for sharing hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

FeeBeeKay said...

Don't lamps give such wonderful atmopsheric light - so much kinder and softer than ceiling lights. I really love your gorgeous C-frame lamp - just beautiful!

FeeBeeKay

Gigi said...

I share your love of lamps. Must be a "girl thing," like shoes and purses :)

Linda C said...

I love your lamps- each one so unique and warm looking!

Makes me think how I could better decorate with lamps.
Thanks!

Linda C

BECKY said...

Lovely lamps you have!! I like how much mood you can add to a room with different lamps! Thanks for sharing and have a joyful weekend!
Becky

Alpine Sanctum said...

I can't wait until I can use lamps again. Right now due to our two toddlers no lamp is safe, so we use overhead lighting. It's nowhere near as cozy as your lighting!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I love your $10 bed and breakfast yard sale lamp. It's fabulous!

I agree...lamps can be a pretty cheap way to perk up (light up? :-) a room. Love it!

joyh82 said...

They are all very pretty! Great thing to collect.