Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Low Cal Cake

The other night my Alpha Delta Kappa teacher group had movie night. We had so much fun watching Mama Mia on a big screen TV in the home of one of our members.

I am trying out new lower calorie recipes, and made this Best Ever Peanut Butter Cake to take. It turned out great, and no one could believe that it is a Weight Watchers recipe!
I made this recipe once before several years ago, and remember everyone liking it.

Here are the ingredients:

BEST EVER PEANUT BUTTER CAKE serves 20
Devils Food cake mix
10 oz diet pepsi (guess you could use Diet Coke)
1 egg white
10 Tbls ff sweetened condensed milk or 7 oz.
2 Tbls peanut butter
8 oz ff cool whip
7 fun size butter finger bars-I just used one butterfinger candy bar for the whole cake. (I was afraid the extras in the package of mini size ones would be too much of a temptation!

Mix cake mix egg and soda according to cake box. Bake in floured 9x13 pan. A few minutes before cake is to be done combine sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in saucepan. Cook and stir on low until creamy and warm. Poke the top of cake with knife and pour peanut butter mix over top. Spread on cake making sure it goes into holes. Sprinkle 1/2 of the chopped candy bars on top. Cool completely. Cover with cool whip and sprinkle remaining butterfingers on top. Keep in
refrigerator. If you cut in 24 it goes to 3 points

Yield:
"4 points"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 128 Calories; 11g Fat (71.7% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 103mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Fat.


31 comments:

imjacobsmom said...

Wow! Jacob would love this - because he loves PB. I am saving this one! Thanks! ~ Robyn

SmilingSally said...

It sounds good. I wonder how many calories if I eat the whole cake?

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

looks delish! Will have to try this sometime! :)

Mad Red Hare said...

Yum yum. Sounds good.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Yum,I believe I will try this one.Our problem is portion control!

Sue said...

Sounds delicious...I will try this one. I love recipes that tell you how many points.

The Muse said...

yes...portion control...oh my oh my!
cakes and pies!

Anonymous said...

Diane, I can't believe that cake is Weight Watchers. Yum, it sounds out of this world. I am going to make that. Thank you for a great tip on a lovely dessert.

It does seem like time is just running out with each day. I say we stop and enjoy the days more by doing things that give us a sort of time out from our daily obligations. My friend used to say, "Seize the day"

Hugs...Jeanne

Anonymous said...

This sounds like something we would all like over here! Thanks so much for sharing it Diane!
-Kim

Anonymous said...

Sounds Yummy!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Anonymous said...

Diane,
That sound so good...I will make this for our women meeting at our church next week. Thanks for sharing...Katherinllen

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Diane

Wow -- that cake sounds yummy --I can't believe a slice is just 134 calories!

I have yet to see Mamma Mia and I know I'd love Meryl Streep in it. Hopefully soon!

Hugs, Pat

Gone said...

It sounds wonderful Diane. Are you serving? LOL!!

April said...

Oh, Diane, that cake has some of my favorite things in it! I'm amazed that it's a Weight Watchers cake! Sounds sinful...in a GOOD way! :)

Bo said...

Thank you Diane...I've already copied this & put it in my recipes folder! ;-) Bo

Brenda Pruitt said...

Hard to believe it's okay to eat! Sounds delicious!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious, Diane and only 4 points. I would need to take out my 4 point portion and one for J and share the rest with the neighbors or I would be into it all the time, till it was gone!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Diane, that looks WONDERFUL! If I had the ingredients here, it would be in the oven! :-)

Love to you on this chilly morning...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Picket said...

Morning Diane...ohhhh I would love this....chocolate & Butterfinger candy! lol You say cutting it into 24 gives you 3 points ..what did you cut it to for the 4 points?
I know my kids would love this!

Girl it is freezing here this morning..they say the windchill is 22 but they are talking about it going down to 10 degrees this weekend!!!!! lol Stay warm girl!

Shell in your Pocket said...

When I did WW...they would say one can of diet soda and a box of cake..that is it! It was good but this looks better!
-sandy toe

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane
REALLY??? this is a WW recipe. Love it. It sure sounds like its made out of ingredients that are yummy...and worth the try.

thank you for sharing. Share more please!
have a nice day
Judi

nikkicrumpet said...

yeah...but what if you eat the whole cake yourself??? How many points is that lol

Joanna said...

I will be making this...I am on a diet and I am having a choc craving like nobody's business...Thank you SO much for sharing!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Diane, thanks for stopping by. That sure looks like a good cake, hard to believe it's WW. I need to try out more desserts like that since we love sweets so much.

I think all us girls love our shoes!

Anonymous said...

Diane,thank you.This sounds great.My dh loves peanut butter.This will be perfect.He is borderline diebetic.He got a bad report from the dr.So he is really trying to watch it.But with all diebetics,he loves sweets.I'm going to try this.But I need a few ingredients.I'll let you know...Ann

Anonymous said...

Shame on you Diane!!!!lol Do you know how many diets you just ruined???lol lol This sounds delicious and I don't care it will get made soon!! Very few recipes actually get me excited!lol Have a great Friday - Jeannette

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness that sounds SOOOO good. I am going to try this soon! I might make it to bring to my knitting group.

take care,
Dawn

Lorrie said...

Oh yum Diane, that sounds fabulous! Thanks for sharing it with us. I need some low-cal treats!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

How in the world is that possible low calorie? It sounds so yummy!!! Thanks for the recipe!
Carrie

Blondie's Journal said...

Diane,
Just in time for all of us who have made a resolution to start or keep watching our weight, you come up with this great recipe! Thank you so much!!

xoxo
Janie

~CC Catherine said...

Diane, I cannot wait to try this recipe! THANKS so much! It sounds absolutely peanutlicious!

;) ~CC