Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Antiques in New York City

I seem to have a writers block lately…can’t thing of what to blog about! So, I looked into one of my folders and realized I have not shown all the pictures I took at the antique shops in Brooklyn. So…here are some shots I took of things that caught my eye. Since the invention of digital cameras, I take pictures of any and everything. Sometimes later I wonder why something caught my eye!

I love these oak file cabinets!

March NYC 165

A beautiful hall tree…I still haven’t bought one! Seems like all I do is photograph them. LOL

March NYC 146

Oil paintings and art work…..

March NYC 147

I’m not sure why I took this shot…I think it was the top of this little table that I liked.

March NYC 148

Stained glass……….

March NYC 157

An oak mirror and plant stand….

March NYC 164

Lots of pretty silver accessories…..

March NYC 172

One of the shops….In Days of Old….

March NYC 173

And the Incurable Collector…..

March NYC 162

And finally…I really adored this bird cage!

March NYC 171

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed ‘antiquing in Brooklyn with me today!

Did you see anything that caught your eye? Tell me about it!

12 comments:

The Muse said...

Buy a hall tree...buy a hall tree!
LOL LOL...
I'll buy the rest!
Oh girl, what a fab post! :)

SmilingSally said...

That stained glass is gorgeous, but I don't want it because then I'd have something else to pack!

April said...

I agree with Sally...the stained glass is my favorite! Thanks for letting us tag along on such a fun outing!

xinex said...

Beautiful stuff! I would have so much fun browsing inside those stores...Christine

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, that bird cage is a real winner! Love the elegant curves.
Brenda

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Diane

I loved these photos! Since I live in Brooklyn I must take a trip over to Atlantic Ave soon and visit those antique stores!
I'm pretty sure sure that I wouldn't be able to afford one thing in them but it's still fun to look. :-)

I hope you find the hall tree of your dreams soon!

Hugs, Pat

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful blog I have an award for you at my blog:http://craftfrommyheart.blogspot.com/

Nancy said...

Lovely antiques! I read through the week's posts. Math is too funny.

Terry said...

Hi
Oh no I love it all ,I am so glad you took the photos .This was wonderful .I do love antiques the more the merrier ,unless you have no place left to store anything :)
Thank you for sharing this fun antique outing.I had a great time.
Looking forward to the next adventure .
Have a Happy Memorial Weekend.

imjacobsmom said...

Your bird cage shot reminded me of my Gramma, she always had a little canary. My cousin Jill and I used to "Peep-peep" at it all the time. ~ Robyn

Southern Lady said...

I probably would have taken pictures of all that stuff, too, Diane ... I think the birdcage is my favorite ... and the flamingo.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh, I love that bird cage too! Enjoyed my virtual antiquing trip. laurie