Monday, August 23, 2010

2nd Time Around: Fun Painted Furniture!

 

 

 

Jackson 005

 

Welcome to 2nd Time Around. Please join us by linking a post that features something that is a 2nd Time Around to you…something from a garage sale, flea market, thrift store, estate sale, etc. Please link your post rather than your blog, and link back to this blog. Thank you for participating.

 

At the Flea Market where I have one of my booths, we have lots of talented vendors! Lately, the rage has been to take old furniture not worth refinishing, and breathe new life into it with paint!

These photos are some of the new pieces that have been added this month: (sorry, I don’t have any before pictures, but trust me…these pieces were blah before! )

IMG_6728 IMG_6719 IMG_6723

 

Sometimes the painted furniture sells within a few days, and other times it sits there awhile til just the right buyer comes along!

Which of these is your favorite? I can’t decide! LOL

Thanks for coming by!

10 comments:

raggygirlvintage said...

I'm loving the blue furniture, so pretty!
Tracey

Barbara Jean said...

Thanks for hosting each week.

Great desks.

blessings

barbara jean

Southern Lady said...

How creative! I like the blue dresser best.

Jeanne said...

Good morning Diane, I am not a fan of painting good stained furniture but renewing something like these pieces is fun. I like the dresser best but I probably would not buy it. However, I think it would be perfect in a teens girl's room. My granddaughter would love it.

I have played with the idea of painting my pine hutch as an accent piece. Still thinking about it. Smile.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs, Jeanne

B said...

I really love the distressed look of these dressers! :o)

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

HI!
Due to the huge success of my Linky Love Library page, I am changing the way I organize it.

I would LOVE it if you would come and link up your party to the day of the week you host it.

It will make it easier for people to find it and will give you a thumbnail for your party. If you host more than one, link them all up :)

You can link up to the library here: http://paisleypassionslinkyparty.blogspot.com/

I enjoy your blog and your party each week, so I hope you join in and link up!


Thanks!!!

Lori @ Paisley Passions

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

When I get my life together again, I want to join in the fun. NO time for redoing anything right now..but I love to come see what others have done...:)
Hugs,
Mona

Judi said...

Hi Diane
The pieces are so nice...love their new look. Too bad we can't see the befores..sometimes its hard to imagine their change.
Hope you've had a good summer.
Judi

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Hi, I like the blue/black one with the writing on it the best. Sometimes it's so much work to strip and repair these pieces, so a new coat of paint is just what they need for a new life.

Sara said...

I'm in Mississippi too! Jackson. Where are you? simplybeu@gmail.com