Monday, November 30, 2009

2nd Time Around: Navtivity

Jackson 005

 

Welcome to 2nd Time Around. Please join us by linking a post that features something that is a 2nd Time Around to you…something from a garage sale, flea market, thrift store, estate sale, etc. Please link your post rather than your blog, and link back to this blog. Thank you for participating.

Since I’ve opened my booth at the antique mall, I’m always seeing things I would love to have as you might suspect! This large nativity was a recent purchase from a booth next to ours. The lady that operates this booth works in the store every Monday, and often that is the day I drop by to add new things.

I’ve always wanted a big nativity and this one was 1/2 price. What is it about those words that make us think we are getting a bargain? This set was priced at $34 and I got 1/2 off-so I don’t think it was much of a bargain, but every now and then we have to splurge-right???

Here are some closeups that feature the details. This year I think it will be on the sideboard! Thanks for stopping by!

IMG_2518

IMG_2520

IMG_2521

IMG_2523

18 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Enjoy Christmas decorating!
sandy toe

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Diane, that is a beauty! So glad you found this. It's a real prize.

Happy 2nd Time Tuesday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

bj said...

This is very nice...
I am trying to link up but am having trouble. I'll come back later...
Thanks so much for hosting.
xo bj

Beth at Aunties said...

It is so pretty. I have found as long as I tell myself I got it at a bargain...The I feel GREAT!
It is a wonderful addition to your decore for Christmas...Then again,I adore Nativities!

Barbara Jean said...

That is a beautiful work of art.

Thank you for sharing and for hosting.

blessings

barbara jean

Barbara Jean said...

Am I just missing where we are to join in and link up today??

barbara jean

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

It is a beautiful Nativity, Diane! I think it was a bargain.

I am joining Second Time Around..I just published mu post. I don't see Mr. Linky?

Hugs, Pat

bj said...

Thanks for getting the link fixed.
I left you a message last night but don't see it on here now.?
This is a beautiful nativity set..

The Lazy Peacock said...

what a gorgeous nativity!
i just stopped by your etsy site, amazing things there too!
thanks for stopping by my blog!

Southern Lady said...

That's a beautiful set, Diane. I love the finish on it.

jeanne said...

Good morning Diane. All is well today, my typepad is working. I fought with them all day yesterday. They did help me solve my problems and I finally posted in the afternoon.
We arrived home from Fl late Sun. night. The gators won their big game and are unbeaten 12/0. My gator family is very happy. Now, a try for the National Championship.

I think your nativity is wonderful. I think you did get a bargain with those lovely pieces. Enjoy them.

I hope you don't mind if I featured my sister's Christmas antiques for sale. I am running out of things to share. I need to go to Good Will soon!!!

have a great day. Find those bargains.

Love, Jeanne

SmilingSally said...

I have a small collection of nativities, Diane, and this one is really nice. You did get a bargain.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

your nativity is really nice! Thanks for hosting our party!
gail

Debra from Bungalow said...

I love your large nativity. Happy holidays to you!

Tardevil said...

Nice find, bargain or not! At least you gave it a good home! :) Don't you just luv to adopt? Enjoy!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I don't think that's a terrible deal at all! Nice work. :-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful nativity. I love things with a "history," and I enjoy imagining who owned it before me, and how much they must have enjoyed it.

I hope to join in with the SECOND TIME AROUND fun next week.

Barbara said...

Diane, I am a bit late, but it is a beautiful naviity and I think it was a bargain.

Barbara