Tuesday, December 7, 2010

2nd Time Around: New Color for Painting furniture

 

Welcome to 2nd Time Around. Please join us by linking a post that features something that is a 2nd Time Around to you…something from a garage sale, flea market, thrift store, estate sale, etc. Please link your post rather than your blog, and link back to this blog. Thank you for participating.

 

 

I’m in love with this new color one of our vendors is using to paint old furniture! It is a beautiful silvery gray and looks so classy! The old antique brass hardware has been given a facelift in silver too! What is your favorite color when painting furniture?  Thanks for stopping by today!

 

image

8 comments:

Southern Lady said...

That's a neat color, Diane. It would go with any style decor.

Hope you're enjoying getting ready for the holidays.

Beca said...

I love that color too but I must say my favorite color to paint with is still white. Gray is a popular color right now so I guess I should try it. Why not?

bj said...

Gray is becomming more popular, I think.

My goodness..we need to advertise your 2nd Time Around more, I think.
People have so many memes to play, some get forgotten. I will add your button to my sidebar again..:))

Sonya Badgley said...

I love the silver gray. Thanks for the chance to link up. This will be fun.
Merry Christmas to you.
Blessings,
Sonya

Quiltpiecer said...

I love this dresser ... what a great color option! I love black and cream furniture but those colors are being so overused. And other colors such as aqua and red are pretty but not for everyone. This silver color is a great change and I love it.

deb said...

That turned out really pretty! Wouldn't have thought of it, thanks ♥
*hugs*deb

Apron Thrift Girl said...

Thanks for hosting the party. I love the new shade of gray. I've never used it myself but I'm tempted after seeing that dresser.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What a beautiful color. I would never have thought to paint a piece of furniture that color but it's lovely!
Merry Christmas!