Friday, November 13, 2009

Pink Saturday and an Art Auction

Today I’m joining Beverly of How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday after taking an extended break. Thank you Beverly for hosting-you have stuck with this and I know it has to be a lot of work!

This art work in the post was created by a local artist, Julie Lee,  to be auctioned off to benefit breast cancer patients in our hometown.

Julie is an up and coming artist with so much talent! She did this work to illustrate how breast cancer touches women from all walks of life regardless of age, race, or income. The pink blanket wrapped around the women unites them in their battle against breast cancer.

It is hard to get a good picture of art –so I made two-one with the flash and one without so that you can see the details.

IMG_2078 IMG_2076

The concert on Oct 31 was dedicated to breast cancer patients and the painting was auctioned during a pre concert event.  I can’t think of a better cause for October!

IMG_2079

I have visited Julie’s studio a time or two, and one of my friends and I are considering taking art lessons from her  after the first of the year. Maybe then I can do a post and show more of her talent.

Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Now that is truly a neat benefit! Thanks for sharing this, Diane, and I hope you all raised tons of money!

Happy Pink Saturday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

xinex said...

Pretty painting! You will have so much fun learning how to paint...Christine

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Diane!

That is a beautiful painting and I hope it commanded a high price at the auction to benifit breast cancer research.

Happy Pink Saturday!

Hugs, Pat

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Great art for a great cause. I enjoyed seeing it. laurie

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Diane...
What a truly wonderful benefit. I love the painting, and I am sure that it brought in a very nice donation for the cause. I love the way the pink blanket was wrapped around all of the patients, like Jesus was wrapped in a blanket and laid in the manger. I so love this. Thank you for sharing with us on this Pink Saturday. Country hugs...Sherry

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barbara said...

Dianne, What a great painting and an equally great cause.
If you take art lesson, then we shall be waiting for your paintings.

Happy Pink Sarurday.
Barbara

Southern Lady said...

What a fun idea to raise money for such a worthy cause.

It's so good to see you posting again, Diane. I missed you!

Diann said...

Hi Diane!

What a wonderful pink to sare! I hope the event was a huge success!!

Happy PS!

LADY JANE said...

Love it Diane! I can hardly wait for you to share more of her work...I love creativity with a purpose!

SmilingSally said...

What a nice way to raise funds. I hope you have a good day, Diane.

Happily Retired Gal said...

Beautiful painting for a worthy cause! Happy Pink Saturday ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

Nancy said...

Such a lovely contribution for the cause. I believe she would be a wonderful person to take lessons from someday. Happy Pink Saturday!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This was a terrific way to raise funds, Dianne. I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy Pink Saturday.

jeanne said...

Good morning Diane. I love the art work you shared with us today. How nice to have a local artist that is near enough to take lessons. The picture is so meaningful and so well done. I hope the benefit raised lots of money.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs xoxo, Jeanne

Mollye said...

What an amazing artist. Hope you win! Mollye

Abatevintage said...

Oh I love it what a wonderful idea.

I love the picture its so gorgeous.

Happy Holidays

Blessings,
Heidi

Cindy said...

That is so very nice. Great art!Great cause!
Enjoy your weekend,
Cindy :D

RobinfromCA said...

What a great concept for a painting - and so great a cause. Thanks for sharing it today!

Happy Pink Saturday!
Robin

Claudia said...

What a lovely benefit!

I really enjoyed looking at all the variety in the women.

Im doing a survey-- stop by and give me your opinion?

TTFN~~Claudia

Sherri@lavenderfields said...

Julie is a very talented woman and this was all for such a god cause. I look forward to seeing some of your art work in the New Year! Good luck! Hope you are having a great weekend! Sherri : )

Picket said...

Hey girl..beautiful painting with such meaning for such a worthy cause....hope you are having a fantastic Sunday my friend!

Maggie said...

Hi Diane,
Great paintings and a great cause.
Enjoy your painting lessons.
Maggie

New York Vintage Linens said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Please visit my blog for details on my first giveaway!
Carolyn