Monday, August 30, 2010

2nd Time Around: Cricut Machine

 

 

Jackson 005

 

Welcome to 2nd Time Around. Please join us by linking a post that features something that is a 2nd Time Around to you…something from a garage sale, flea market, thrift store, estate sale, etc. Please link your post rather than your blog, and link back to this blog. Thank you for participating.

You never really know what you’ll find at a garage sale or estate sale! I usually look for things I can sell in one of my booths, or in my Etsy shop, but one day recently I came across this little machine!  I’ve heard other people talk about them and how much they enjoy using theirs, so I bought this one at a great price.  I thought that if I didn’t like it, I could always sell it on Ebay or to one of my teacher friends.

Got it home, and it didn’t have any cartridges with it, so I put it on a shelf and forgot about it until the other day. My friend Karen has one, and has loaned me several of her cartridges!

I don’t know what I’ll end up making with it, but I would like to make some mats for picture frames, and maybe some cards for my flea market jewelry.

IMG_6793 IMG_6792_1

 

So, do any of you have a Cricut? Tell me what all you do with yours!! I need some inspiration!

14 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

yay for the cricut. i don't have one, but people seem to do all sorts of fun vinyl things. that is what i would do with it!

Betty said...

I'm sorry I can't help you...I've never acquired the scrapbooking bug. I believe those machines are very expensive. Aren't they the ones they keep under lock and key at the craft stores? I'm sure you'll have fun fooling around with it and someone is bound to give you inspiration.

Maureen F. said...

What an awesome find - I have an expression and need to use it more often. I need to find a nice spot to leave it out so it is easy to access!!

L Simonson said...

I do ALL kinds of stuff with mine! Definitely NOT just for scrapbooking! They are a WONDERFUL tool to have :) Congrats on your purchase. Hope you love yours as much as I love mine!

Marianne said...

Oh what a great find! I'd love to have a cricut or a Silhouette! They are so great for making cards and labels and signs! Lucky you, have fun with it.
And thank you for hosting the party, it is fun to link up!

Gail said...

I LOVE my Cricut! I now get my cartridges off of ebay. It's a lot cheaper. Thanks for hosting.

Have a wonderful day.
Gail

Jeanne said...

Good morning Diane, I do not know anything about a cutter like this. I hope you find it to be useful. I would find the maker on Google and tell them about what you need. I bet they could help you.

You have a picnic basket like this in your booth? That is a hoot. Was my $15. price a good one? I can't imagine finding one like it for less. I really do love it and am thinking about when I can put it to good use.

Diane, my link is all messed up on Mr. Linky. I think it happened when I copied the title from a previous post. I deleted it and typed it over but it didn't work. sigh. I'm working on it.

Have a wonderful day.
Love, Jeanne

Jeanne said...

Diane, please delete my link number 10. It is wrong but the second one is correct. I fixed the problem.
Thank you very much.
Love ya, Jeanne

Jeanne said...

I think I am going a bit nuts this morning. How did number's 13 and 14 get up there????????????????? HA! Number 11 is correct so if you care to eliminate the others. I am sorry Diane. Sigh!!!
Jeanne, the goof up! Smile.

Beca said...

I don't have a Cricut yet but do want one. I've seen people do great projects with it.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Hi, I'd love to have one of those if I could get a real good deal. I'm trying to make new cards for my jewelry and it would sure come in handy. Thanks for hosting:-)

Irma@CosasBellas said...

My MIL offered to gift me a Cricut for my b-day in Oct, and then my laptop started having "issues" so I'm getting a new laptop instead.
Oh well, maybe next year.

This is my first time linking to your party, thank you for hosting!

Die Cutting Machines said...

For my scrapbooking business, I really need to own a cricut machine. And it is very fun doing unique and creative scrapbooks.

Maria Mcclain said...

hello Diane, Nice blog & good post. overall You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!