Monday, August 9, 2010

2nd Time Around: Shopping in London!

 

 

Jackson 005

 

Welcome to 2nd Time Around. Please join us by linking a post that features something that is a 2nd Time Around to you…something from a garage sale, flea market, thrift store, estate sale, etc. Please link your post rather than your blog, and link back to this blog. Thank you for participating.

 

Thank you for stopping by! I have been on an extended vacation to England, Scotland, and Ireland, and am finally beginning to recover from my trip!

While on the trip, I didn’t get to shop very many antique stores, but did go to one market in London and enjoyed browsing the vintage and antique items. I had to be careful about the weight of my purchases because I didn’t want my suitcase to weigh more than the 50 pound limit! So, even though I spotted lots of things that I loved, I purchased some pieces of vintage jewelry!

I fell for this goldtone daisy pendant and had to have it! It can be confusing because of the different value of the pound to the dollar-it seems like you are not paying much until you convert the currency!

IMG_6621

This beautiful rhinestone bracelet was just begging to come home with me! The British lady that had this jewelry said both pieces came from the same estate, and were from the sixties! I have no idea if that was true, but it makes a good story!

IMG_6612

So, I’m glad to be back and will be hosting 2nd Time Around each week, so please join me every Tuesday to show off your 2nd Time Around treasures!

I appreciate you stopping by!

9 comments:

Southern Lady said...

Wow, Diane ... what a fantastic trip! I know you have some stories to tell and hope you have more pictures to share.

Those are gorgeous pieces of jewelry and I can see why you couldn't resist them.

Get some rest so you can share more of your adventures with us.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I'd love to hear more about your vacation, Diane! What was your favorite sights?

These are lovely vintage jewelry pieces!

SmilingSally said...

How jealous I am that you've been traveling! I went to England twice and really had a great time, but I've never been to Scotland or Ireland.

Zsóka said...

Örülök, hogy újra itt vagy!

raggygirlvintage said...

Such gorgeous vintage jewelry, and nice to have some treasures from your trip. Thanks for hosting...
Tracey

Molly Anne said...

What a fun trip! I've been wanting for years to get to Scotland - one of my dear friends moved there and I'd love to go visit!

GREAT pieces. I think they look like jewelry from the sixties - my mom has lots of jewelry from around that time.

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love that daisy pendant!!

Ramona said...

Hey there Diane ~

I too love that daisy pendant....lovely!

I hope that you are having a divine summer.

Smiles ~ Ramona

Jeanne said...

Hi Diane, I am so glad I heard from you but I was so busy taking care of my daughter and was leaving to take her home to Tennessee. I am home to stay now and it feels so good to visit my blogging friends again. I have missed you.

How wonderful that you were able to travel to Europe. I have always wanted to visit those countries for years. One day. The jewelry pieces you found are beautiful. Good choices. I will be back on Tuesday.

Happy weekend to you and your family Diane.
Hugs, Jeanne