Monday, December 27, 2010

2nd Time Around: Painted Buffet

 

 

Welcome to 2nd Time Around. Please join us by linking a post that features something that is a 2nd Time Around to you…something from a garage sale, flea market, thrift store, estate sale, etc. Please link your post rather than your blog, and link back to this blog. Thank you for participating.

 

Here’s another great piece of vintage furniture given an update with paint. The color is  a deep sage green, and the hardware of this French Provincial dresser has been painted silver.  It seems that the painted pieces are selling almost as soon as they are brought in!

 

IMG_8530

 

Thanks for stopping by, and please link up your 2nd Time Around post!

6 comments:

Southern Lady said...

How pretty, Diane! I love that sage color. It will go with anything.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

May your New Year be filled with many Blessings and abundances of Joy for 2011. From my mountain to yours, Until next year
Hugs and Smiles Gl♥ria

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Happy New Year, Diane!
I have noticed that the vintage furniture is popular once again. I remember when it was the thing to do back in, I think the 70's.
I painted my grandmothers little desk and totally ruined the value. Of course it was antique, not just vintage. Gotta be careful there when painting something.
I've always loved painted furniture..and now if I could just get sweet husband to let me paint those dark kitchen cabinets..but he balks something terrible when it is mentioned. :) Ah well...eventually.
Is the green dresser yours? I would love to see it in a room and all fixed up with other furniture...

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

I love the timeless style and the color is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Thank Diane!
Your painted butter inspirated me, now Iam going to produce around 20 white painted buffet.

Regards
Wholesale Mahogany Furniture

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I had so many plans to paint furniture this year and I still don't have the guts to do it! Even though the pieces are cheap yard sale finds that I know have little value. Maybe 2011 will be my year for adventure, lol!