Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2nd Time Around: Shopping for Inspiration

 

 

 

Welcome to 2nd Time Around. Please join us by linking a post that features something that is a 2nd Time Around to you…something from a garage sale, flea market, thrift store, estate sale, etc. Please link your post rather than your blog, and link back to this blog. Thank you for participating.

 

I just returned from a trip to Lookout Mountain with some of my teacher friends. While there, some of us rode over to Scottsboro, Al. to Unclaimed Baggage. Didn’t find any bargains there! The prices were almost as much as retail, and much of the merchandise was new!

On the way back we did find an antique/consignment shop that provided lots of inspiration! Although the prices were high, the antiques and painted furniture was beautiful like the chest in this picture!

I would love to try out something like this and just see how well it would sell here!

 

image

Thanks for stopping by, and hope you will share a 2nd Time Around item on your blog!

3 comments:

Momgen said...

Thanks for hosting i have mine posted..

http://mommyko.com/2011/07/fruity-china-plates.html

Tootsie said...

don't you just hate when they gouge you at the second hand stores? I was at a garage sale last weekend where they stuff was filthy...and the prices were horrible high.
makes me shake my head!

Jeanne said...

Hi Diane, I am linking late today. My post was up early but I got busy running an errand and just now realized I forgot to link.

It sounds like you had a fun trip with your friends and I am glad you were able to find a lovely place to shop. It is always fun to see what other dealers are selling. I love the painted dresser. Very clever and pretty. I know what you mean about trying higher end stuff. I once bought a Tramp Art small dresser for &175. and my sister was sure I made a terrible mistake. I sold it for $475. You don't know until you try something new in this business. I also have purchased things for too much money and did not make a profit. It really is trial and error but so much fun.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs, Jeanne