Monday, June 13, 2011

2nd Time Around: Seeing the Potential in a Thrifty Piece


Welcome to 2nd Time Around. Please join us by linking a post that features something that is a 2nd Time Around to you…something from a garage sale, flea market, thrift store, estate sale, etc. Please link your post rather than your blog, and link back to this blog. Thank you for participating.


Sometimes I need a break from all the bargain shopping I do for my Etsy store and my booths. This weekend I took one…but not out of choice. I woke up Saturday thinking I would go to a few sales, but went straight back to bed with a stomach virus! I had picked Cooper up from the baby sitter early one day because he was sick, and seems that I got attacked by the same bug! But, I really didn’t need to buy anything anyway!

So, I don’t have any of my own things to share, but would like to share this chiffarobe that one of the vendors redid as a display case. My beautician offered this piece to me, but it had doors with peeling veneer, and I told her that I would sell it for her. She got rid of the old doors, and painted the inside green with red outside! I think it looks great, and offered to buy it for display! Looks great in her booth displaying vintage linens!

1269
It’s funny how one person can see the potential in something that others miss!

Thanks for stopping by, and please consider linking your 2nd Time Around project or find below.

7 comments:

deb said...

Lovin' the chiffarobe. Looks fab!
*hugs*deb

Dixie said...

love-love-love the RED!

Cass @ That Old House said...

I just love how creative people are! Who'd a thunk that a peeling cabinet could be transformed into such a cute display piece? Brilliant!
Cass

bj said...

Well, since RED is MY color, you know I am lovin' this.
xoxo bj

Heather Bea said...

The green inside is the perfect compliment...wish it was mine!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Diane!
I like how this display case turned out!
How is summer coming along? Are your grandboys going to camp? We wer ein Colorado recently and now my daughter moved there with her fiance! I know I'll be frequent flying..lol!

Hope all is well!

Hugs, Pat

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

How unusual! I love anything red.
I am always late or have the wrong post ready for a meme...but one day I will do this one...one day!