Monday, November 7, 2011

2nd Time Around: Chalkboards from Vintage Frames

Welcome to 2nd Time Around. Please join us by linking a post that features something that is a 2nd Time Around to you…something from a garage sale, flea market, thrift store, estate sale, etc. Please link your post rather than your blog, and link back to this blog. Thank you for participating.

Last week I made this chalkboard for one of my booths, and was glad to hear that it sold the same day I brought it in! This frame was an ugly gold color with a floral print. I painted the frame and used a stain to antique it and painted over the picture with chalkboard paint. Selling this inspired me to get busy today!





These will be added to my booths this week. We'll see if I get as lucky with these as I did with the first one!


Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to link your 2nd Time Around post to Mr. Linky!

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hi Diane, your idea for some cute chalkboards is a good one. I hope you sell these fast too.

I am happy to be home again and posting more. I have missed you.
Take care.
Hugs, Jeanne

Rebekah Greiman said...

I love magnetic chalkboards. Super cute in those frames! Thanks for hosting another party!!!!!

bj said...

Bet these will sell fast, too.
Thanks, dear one, for always being here on Tues. mornings. :))
xo bj

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Those are a lot of fun, Diane! I have an old chalkboard that I've had for about thirty years that has always been in my kitchen, and I still love it as much as the day I bought it. These should sell well!

XO,

Sheila

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

I love making chalkboards. I'm using spray paint but as it is too cold outside for spraying I suspect I will change to using paint and a brush. I redo the frames in white or antique white, and I have been doing a few silverplate trays as well. Nice reading your blog.
- Joy

The Charm of Home said...

Wonderful chalk boards! They are a hot item and so cute! Thanks for hosting!
Sherry

deb said...

Those chalkboards are going to make some people very happy on Christmas!!
Beautiful!
*hugs*deb

Jill said...

oops! The 13th link should be named Spice Rack Redo, not Jill. Love all the chalkboard projects! Thanks for hosting :)

Grumpy Old Ken said...

Good stuff and different!

Junky Vagabond said...

Back to add another project!