Monday, March 15, 2010

2nd Time Around: Bargain Jewelry

Jackson 005

Welcome to 2nd Time Around. Please join us by linking a post that features something that is a 2nd Time Around to you…something from a garage sale, flea market, thrift store, estate sale, etc. Please link your post rather than your blog, and link back to this blog. Thank you for participating.

One thing I’ve been reluctant to start at  my antique booths is selling jewelry. Recently  I had the opportunity to buy some jewelry from a fellow vendor who didn’t want to go to the trouble of the jewelry. Since then, I’ve been fascinated with vintage jewelry and have been trying to learn about it. One of the tips I was given was to always ask at a garage sale if they have jewelry. I did that recently and the lady dug this box out of the bottom of another huge box. It looks like junk, and mostly it was! But there was some cute pieces of jewelry that I put in  my booth. The best part was the price. I asked her how much for the whole box since I didn’t really want to go through it piece by piece. And when she said 50 cents I grabbed the box and left! I could hardly wait til I got home to go through it! The box had about 30 pieces of jewelry with only 3 or 4 unwearable, so the pieces make great inexpensive items to add to  my booth-or to keep! 

IMG_3890

And my bargain shopping paid off! Inside was this sterling silver bracelet! It is really pretty, and I haven’t decided yet if I will add it to my booth, put it on ETSY or keep it!

IMG_4035

I don’t always get the great bargains….I paid a little more than I normally do for this sterling silver piece below at an estate sale….and I’m pretty sure I will sell it. The owner of one of the antique  malls has offered to let me place them in her showcase. She said people often are looking for sterling silver bracelets!

IMG_4040

 

What about you? Have you found any bargains on jewelry? Or just a piece that you really love? Tell us about it!

11 comments:

Mama Byrd said...

I want that 1st SS bracelet. What's the length and how much sista!!!!

bj said...

ahh...these are wonderful. I love vintage jewelry!
Happy St. Patrick's Day..
xo bj

Barbara Jean said...

Gorgeous silver bracelets!
Great find on that first one.

Thanks for hosting

blessings

barbara jean

PS I spelled Easter wrong. CA you fix it??

Sue said...

How fun to start collecting older pieces of jewelry, for resale or for personal use. And to find a
"treasure" was even better! Even if you find "junk", those items can be used in crafting as embellishments. I found a couple of sparkly items last week that I will use to decorate some decoupaged frames and eggs. thanks for hosting this meme, Diane. :-) Sue

Denise Marie said...

I found several crystal/glass pieces at a resale shop last week. I am showing the little heart candy dish today.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Beautiful bracelets! I like the top one best. Have a great day!

Sherrie
A View of My Life

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Hi Diane!

What a fun find! a box of "junk" jewelry is always fun to go through because you never know what little treasures you will find!

Have a wonderful day!

Becky said...

That beaded cuff bracelet looks really cute!

Rhondi said...

Hi Diane
It's always fun finding bargains isn't it? When we lived in PA I found a lot of wonderful jewelry which I sold at a local consignment shop. My favorite to find was rhinestone pins. I had about 6 or 7 of hem and used to wear all of them at once on my navy blazer. Sometimes I'd get them for as little as 25 cents!
Rhondi

Unknown said...

I love a good garage sale find! Thanks for hosting! :)

-Ann Marie

Bonnie said...

Diane,
The sterling bracelet arrived. I love it! Thank you very much. I started collecting Mexican silver bracelets a few years ago and there is nothing like them. They are so chunky and fabulous and handmade. I will enjoy it. Bonnie