Sunday, March 15, 2009

Magic Tree House the Musical

Friday night I took Connor and my nephew Austin to the MSU Riley Center for Performing Arts to see the Magic Tree House the Musical. It was awesome! Click on the picture for more photos and a schedule of performances.

Connor and Austin during the intermission. Please excuse Connor's shirt...we had been to a new pizza place!

You can see just a little bit of the beauty of the theater in the background of this picture.

I often do volunteer work at the Riley Center, usually as an usher or in the box office. Since I had tickets for this production, I volunteered the night before to help set up the dressing room and work with the costumes. I have to say that it gave me a whole new appreciation for the work that goes into these productions!

I am so glad that our small town has a venue that supports the arts for all ages!

Thanks for stopping by today, and hope you have a restful Sunday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like an amazing event. Look at those kiddo's faces. They certainly had a wonderful time!

Helen said...

Connor and Austin are magical themselves ... I can't believe that red hair ~ it's fantastic and please tell him this grandmother said so!

xinex said...

What a fun place for you to take the boys, Diane! They look like they had so much fun!..Christine

Judi said...

Diane
Great pictures. You must have a great time taking them places. This looks like a really fun place to go to. Nice of you to volunteer also. You seem to do a lot of that. Thats so great!
hope you've had a great day today
Judi

SmilingSally said...

What a treat for those boys!

Faye said...

STOPPED BY FOR A VISIT.ENJOYED YOUR BLOG.LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD SUCH FUN!

Anonymous said...

Those little faces say it all, Diane! So glad y'all had such a wonderful time.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

OMG...that red hair. LOVE! And am jealous. :-) My mom had that hair in her youth and I was not blessed with it. I was, however, "blessed" with her slow metabolism, LOL!