Sunday, March 22, 2009

New York City Highlights & My Favorite New Yorkers!

I just returned from my second trip to New York City! One of the special highlights of this trip was meeting two blogging friends that I enjoy keeping up with.

Laura, from Shorehouse Chic, and Pat from Mille Fiori Favoriti met my friends and I at Grand Central Station for lunch on Saint Patrick's Day. This was my first time to meet blogging friends in person!

We had a great time visiting and eating lunch at Juniors in Grand Central Station.
From left to right: Laura, Pat, and myself.
We had pickles for an appetizer, and famous New York City Cheesecake for dessert! Best of all, we enjoyed meeting each other and talking. They are both just as nice in person as they are in blogland!
Pat brought me the cutest little salt and pepper shakers that will remind me of her and New York City every time I see them!

After lunch, Laura went back to work, and my friend Janet and I went with Pat to the Saint Patrick's Day parade. I followed Pat around like a little puppy, and took lots of the same pictures she took, so I'm going to show you my favorite one-this cute little Leprechaun!
After the parade, Janet and I went with Pat to walk around Greenwich Village and Lower Manhattan. We walked through several parks....

We went into antique stores and were surprised to run into this lady from our hometown.....
We went down Wall Street and the New York Stock Exchange and wondered where all the money has gone!You may be wondering why I have visited New York twice since January. My son, Jonathan, is an intern at Jazz at Lincoln Center. He has been there since January, and really is enjoying the city.

The theaters for JALC are on the 5th floor in the Time Warner building next to Columbus Circle.

Here's Jonathan and I by the elevators-he took us up to the lobby of the theaters and showed us around a bit. JALC is a first class beautiful facility in one of the prettiest parts of New York City.
The lobby of JALC looks out over Central Park and Columbus Circle. To the left is one of the Trump buildings, and according to one of our tour guides, he lives in the building adjacent to the Time Warner building.

We were not able to go into the theaters, but you can see the inside of the Allen Room, which has a 50' by 90' wall of glass overlooking the New York City skyline by clicking here.

The pictures in this post were made on Tuesday and on Friday morning. In all I made about 300 pictures and put 33.70 miles on the pedometer!

I love New York and really enjoyed each of my visits there! Spending time with Jonathan, and meeting Pat and Laura helped make my second trip very special!

Thanks for stopping by today!

20 comments:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Sounds like a great trip Diane. You and the other bloggers look like you are having such a great time. What cute s/p shakers! Your son sure is a good looking young man. laurie

Picket said...

What a great trip that must have been to met blogger friends and see your son! That Pat is a great tour guide...she always gives us such great history lessons on New York! Glad you had a good time...hope you have a great week girl!

playsdolls said...

What a fun trip you must have had,it was great to get to meet your blogging friends in person,something we never expect to happen.Your son is a very handsome young man.

xinex said...

It's always a wonderful feeling meeting a blogger friend. I would love to meet all of you. You all looked so happy and lovely and your son is one handsome fella!...Christine

said...

How fantastic to meet up with fellow bloggers AND your son, all in one awesome trip!

Lorrie said...

GM Diane--How fun to meet up with Pat and Laura for lunch in the city. I really have enjoyed getting to know them both through blogging. Good for you for setting up a lunch date. As I am a New Yorker--grew up in Queens and on LI--I love seeing photos from there. How wonderful that you can visit your son and take in the sights as well.

April said...

What a fun time it looks like you had exploring the big city! Then, to be able to meet two of your blogging friends...that's just the icing on the cake! Awesome pictures, Diane!

SmilingSally said...

What a fabulous trip you had! Lunch with bloggers, St. Patrick's Day pictures, shopping, and your baby boy!

Joanna said...

Another trip! Oh...I want to go at least once! *smiles* It looks like you had a fabulous time!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Diane

I'm so happy you had a good time! It was so much fun meeting you and both of your friends. Wish we could have spent more time together!

Jonathan looks very happy! I know he's enjoying his internship and I wish him the very best of luck and success in his career path.

Hugs, Pat

Brenda Pruitt said...

I have met two special blogging friends. We had lunch one day, and it was so much fun!
Brenda

Nola said...

Haha, I was one of the ones Brenda (above comment) met! We have had fun meeting face to face. Blogging has been such a blessing, meeting new friends, looks like ya'll had a great time!

Dawn said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time. YOu are lucky to be able to travel like you can.

I'm glad you got to meet up with your blogging friends. That must have been a real treat!

I love the leprechaun picture. How much fun was the parade?

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Diane, I love your post about your 2nd NY trip. Lucky you. Your photos are wonderful and how exciting to meet Pat and Laura. Best of all to see your son again is great. I have only been to NY city once with all of my sisters and we loved it.

Thank you for your sweet comments about my porch. We do love it as well.

Hugs...Jeanne

Bo said...

Hi Diane...First of all, I am so tickled for you to get to meet blogging friends...Pat is a real sweetheart...I don't know Laura but I'll bet she is too. Wow, your son is not only handsome, but obviously gifted...What an experience for him to live in NYC!
;-) Bo

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Lucky You! :) I love NY and it looks like you had a wonderful time! :) ~hugs, Rhonda

bj said...

Oh, I envy you seeing so much of NY..I would love to go sometime.
Your son is a mighty handsome fella...and I know it's so great to spend time with him..
Glad you got to meet bloggers...another thing I haven't done yet..
See ya tomorrow...
xo bj

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi Diane,how exciting to get to meet blog friends ! Looks like you had a great time.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Diane, that looks like a wonderful trip! I would have loved to meet you, Pat and Laura, three of my favorite bloggers! :-)

Looks like you had fun, and I know you must be proud of your handsome, talented son!

Thanks for sharing...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Awww.....shucks. :-) I was SO happy to meet ou all (Janet, too! :-) I've eaten lucnh at my desk every day since. Wah WAH. In fact...I am right now...

I can't believe how much turf you covered! I am very, very impressed. And you ran into someone from your hometown...talk about small world (or city, I guess!).

Next time we'll have to meet up for real NYC coal-fired pizza. Yum!

Thanks you for my treats. They smell too good to use! Right now they are sitting on my desk at home and I sniff away. :-)