Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas activities and awards!

Edited this morning to add: We have a snow day today...they are predicting 5 inches. Connor will be with me! :)

First, I just want to thank all of you who visit my blog and leave me comments. I know I haven't been visiting some of you as much as I would like to and I would like to apologize for that!


I only have 5 more days to work, and after the holidays, I'll have much more time to be a good blogging buddy!

You may wonder what I've been up to (besides working).

Here are a few Christmas events that I've been
to just in the past week.

First, last Thursday I went with my friend Karen to see 'A Christmas Carol' at our local community theater. It was a great performance starring our mayor as Scrooge. Here is a picture of the Crachit family from our local newspaper.

Friday night, I volunteered at the Riley Center for the Symphony Orchestra's Peppermint Pops concert. It was an awesome concert! I felt like I was in a big city! This photo is also 'borrowed' from the newspaper.
Saturday we all went to my Aunt Gloria's house in Mt. Sterling, Alabama for a belated Thanksgiving. This is my husband and I along with Kelli's family. Jonathan was in New Orleans and not able to come. The food was delicious as always and I always love getting together with my family! This photo was taken by Amber.
And Sunday, it was back to the Riley Center for two Mel Tillis family Christmas shows. The first show was at 4 in the afternoon, and my mother went with me. The second show was at 8, and I volunteered to work that show while my husband came as a patron. Both shows were wonderful. Here is the front of the new Mel Tillis album with his dog Snowflake. He did several songs from this album-my favorite was 'God's Presents.' I highly recommend this if you're looking for a new Christmas CD.

He performed with three of his children including daughter Pam. Here's her new Christmas CD. My favorite song from her album is 'Beautiful Night.' I wanted to buy the cd's but didn't have enough cash with me that night, so guess I'll have to order them.

Then Monday night, I went to a Christmas party with my friend Karen at our renovated train station-Union Station.

So....is it any wonder that I'm TIRED??? LOL
I know I've overextended myself because I've been really tired, but there is not one of the things I've done that I would have left off!
**********************************************************************************
Here are three awards from some of the best blogging friends anyone could have. This first one is from Sally at Smiling Sally. Sally's blog is one of my favorites...she hosts Blue Monday and frequently posts cute cartoons that are sure to make you smile! Thanks so much Sally for this beautiful award!

And this one is from Dawn of Dawn's Daybreak. Dawn is a kindergarten teacher and was one of the first blogging friends I made. I love keeping up with her and seeing all the wonderful things she does with her class and family. I wish she lived close by so she could teach me to knit! Thank you so much Dawn.
And from Connie at Connie's Turning 50!
Thanks so much Connie! I'm so glad you posted a comment so I can visit your blog too!

I'm going to beg off once again in passing these on to specific blogs. I'm not sure who has one and who doesn't-so if you don't have one of these PLEASE take it...really!
Thanks for dropping by and have a great day!

31 comments:

Southern Lady said...

Whew, Diane ... just reading about what you've been doing makes me tired ... and it's just 6:30 AM!

I'm glad to hear you'll have more time for blogging soon. I always enjoy visiting you.

Sincerely,

Janie

Sue said...

You HAVE been busy....but "Fun" busy. I know you enjoyed every minute of all the things you did and I wouldn't have wanted to miss one of those things. The picture of your family is SO GOOD!

Darlene said...

WOW Diane, you have been one busy lady.....but looks like you have had LOTS of fun!!! It just seems like so much is always going on in the month of December!

SmilingSally said...

I'm amazed that you've done all of that "out and about" stuff along with blogging; yet you still manage to post everyday. I could not do that while working! I look forward to you having more time to visit.

Meanwhile, enjoy all of your well-deserved awards.

Notice I did not say a word about your tragedy: the snow?

Anonymous said...

Diane, I am overwhelmed for you. How do keep going? We are going out of town for four days so I will be limited for computer time too. Thanks for your visits, I don't how you found a moment to spare. I adore your family photo.

Christmas love to all of you...Jeanne

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Good Morning, Diane! You have been one busy lady! But it sounds like lots of fun! The family picture was great! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Diane! Congrats on the awards! You deserve them! :-)

I love the fact that the mayor plays Scrooge! LOL!

I also love the pic of your family!

Most of all I love YOU!

XO,

Sheila

Bo said...

Hi Diane...I don't know how you do all of this and work too...You'll certainly need the Christmas vacation from school! ;-) Bo

said...

Diane ~ congrats on the awards ~ and isn't Pam Tillis so pretty?

Anonymous said...

Diane, you are a very busy lady!

I just told J you have a snow day. He told me a tornado came through down that way, with 4 to 6 inches of snow behind it! WOW! I looked out, this morning at about 5AM. It was clear and the moon was shining. I thought sure I saw snow over in "Dave's" field. A closer look revealed a very heavy frost. We have temps in 20's, but no snow yet.

PAT said...

PS:
I love your family photo!

April said...

Just noticed that your signature is missing, just like mine! Any ideas as to what happened???

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wow..you have been busy! I love the picture of your family..so cute!!!

That looked like a wonderful play you went too!
-sandy toes

Joanna said...

Busy...yes, but lot's of fun and memories have been made!

Anonymous said...

Morning Diane! Sounds like you are having a really festive holiday season!!! Great that you are able to do so many fun things in your area. Maybe you can sleep in Saturday!???lol Enjoy your day with Connor - Sincerely, Jeannette

pammiejo said...

I'm with you - that's how my past week has been - something every night. It's a good thing I don't have kids at home or I'd be guilty of neglect! Makes one wonder why we don't want to say "no" more - actually I think we're too afraid we'll miss out on something!! Thanks for all you do out there in blogland! PAM

pammiejo said...

I'm with you - that's how my past week has been - something every night. It's a good thing I don't have kids at home or I'd be guilty of neglect! Makes one wonder why we don't want to say "no" more - actually I think we're too afraid we'll miss out on something!! Thanks for all you do out there in blogland! PAM

Anonymous said...

Diane,
You have been busy girl....dropping by...to see your blog...and catching up blogging. Is it snowing there...It's snowing here....Yippee...Congratulation on your awards...WOW! You have a Bless Day...Katherinllen

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

You HAVE been busy. Fun to catch up with you a little and hear all you've been up to. Enjoy your snow day! :-)

ksarra said...

Sounds like you've been BUSY. But don't you just love celebrating Christmas with music? It's a busy time of year, but worth every minute of once a year fun, don't you think?

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

You have been so busy! I love all those Christmas activities though...how fun!
Carrie

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

It's the busy time of year. It the time of year to really focus on family. Just enjoy the holiday. We'll look forward to seeing more of you when you have more time.
Hugs, Terrie

nikkicrumpet said...

Holy moly you are one busy lady! You need to put your feet up...or better yet take a nap! But it looks like you've been having fun. Enjoy your Connor snow day!

Anonymous said...

YES,MAAM.YOU NEED TO REST.BUT THAT PIC BY THE FENCE IA SUCH A GOOD PIC OF YOU.AW-ANN

Dawn said...

My you have been busy!!! I don't know how you do it all after school! I am beat by the time I get home. :) It must be bittersweet knowing that you only have five days left. I am sure you've grown attached to the kids. I know that the time off will be a nice welcome too!

Congrats on your awards :)

take care,
Dawn

the author said...

Wow! You sure have been busy! It's always good to stay busy, I think :) That way we can appreciate the days we're not. (Now if I could convince my 11 year old of that, life would be smooth sailing, ha!)
Happy Holidays :)

Linda said...

Just stopping by and thought I'd leave a comment...hope you don't mind.

You've been one very busy lady but boy does it all sound fun! So many things to really get you in the holiday spirit.

Hope your week has been great so far...take care and talk to you soon.

Linda

Tamara Jansen said...

You've done so many Christmassy things allready. I've got to get busy to catch up on the live concerts and christmas plays :)

Femin Susan said...

Hi………
Absolutely fantastic post! Good job!
Great! Keep writing…….
Good week……… You are Welcomed to my blog…….
Wishing you in advance "A Merry X'Mas and A Happy New Year''

Gone said...

Hi Diane...

You sure have been busy!!! But, most of it sounds like FUN busy!!

Tom and I listened to Pam Tillis' song...it's lovely. We just can't add it to IMEEM on our blog...cuz it turns into only a 30-second preview.

I'm going to accept *bowing* the last award...I don't have that one. Thank you, thank you so much.

Make sure you stop by our NEW old blog and take a peek...the construction dust has settled. And there's a give=away!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Lorrie said...

Wow Diane, you have really been busy, but in a fun way! I hope you enjoyed your snow day. All we got here was rain and more rain!