Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Foto: A Family Picture

Deborah of Pictures Pots and Pens is hosting Family Fotos. Please click on the link to see more posts of family photos!


This picture is of my two children Kelli and Jonathan, my husband and myself the night before Kelli's wedding in October of 1998. This is the last picture I have of us as a family while we were all living in the same household.

Things have changed so much as time marches on-Kelli, still beautiful, has a wonderful husband-Chad, and two precious children that I'm sure you are familiar with if you read my blog very often!

Jonathan has changed lots too....he is now handsome young man and has lost that boyish look! After being in New Orleans for the past year and a half, it was time for him to make another change. He left yesterday for an internship in New York City at Jazz at the Lincoln Center. I've been feeling a little sad and happy (for him) at the same time! He has been home from NOLA for about a month, and having him leave again brings up lots of emotions!

I am so proud of both of my kids! Having them grow and become the person they want to be is the ultimate goal! But there is something about being a mom that makes you want to wind back the clock to earlier times. But I know that wouldn't be fair to them and I wouldn't have those two adorable grandsons!

Sorry to be so sentimental-just comes with the territory of motherhood! I'm sure you other moms out there understand.

Kelli and Jonathan-if you read this, please know how proud I am of both of you, and how much you are loved!

Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

Southern Lady said...

What a sweet post, Diane ... and a beautiful family.

I can understand how you feel about Jonathan leaving again. Our son lives in Tennessee (a six hour drive from us), and every time he comes home I just want to keep him here. It's so hard to let him go.

Dawn said...

Good morning Diane. You have a lovely family!!!

I find it hard for me to believe that one day Tim will be taller than me. :)

Every once in a while when I think about him growing up and leaving the next I get a little weepy. I know how you feel.

I've tagged you! Stop by my blog to see what it is all about.

take care,
Dawn

April said...

Great family photo, Diane...you have a very nice looking bunch (you included, of course!). Congrats to your son for heading to New York City to pursue his dreams...I wish him the very best!

I completely understand what you mean about wanting to go back in time when your kids were little and you were the center of their universe. I write about it A LOT...remember??? I hope, with time, things get a little easier to bear.

Happy Friday, my friend! ♥

Gone said...

awwwwwwwwww, Diane...how sweet the memories...how sweet this post...

~Blessings,
Jan

SmilingSally said...

Beautiful family, Diane. I think you made a mistake on the date of that photo. Check it out.

The Muse said...

Great shot! So hard when they move away (out).. only part of us does the happy dance... :(

:) But... we raised them well ! :)

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Very beautiful family!! We always like to keep our kids close to us, but alas they have to spread their wings and move on! But they have children, grandchildren to enjoy! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Darlene said...

Awww Diane what a beautiful family. Isn't it great to know they have grown up into such fabulous people!?!

said...

Diane, it is a rare thing for me to get choked up while reading blogs, but that last paragraph hit close to home.

Thanks for sharing such a sweet, special photo with us today. :o)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Such a beautiful family and such a sweet post. You have every reason to be proud of them. Sounds like they are on wondrful paths. laurie

Montee said...

You have a beautiful family. I believe your husband does not look too happy about giving his little girl away.

Angela said...

You have a lovely family. They just grow up on us way way way tooooo fast! Mine are 11 and 4 and it is going way to fast for me. Time stood still before I had kids!

Take care,
Angela

Joanna said...

Wonderful family picture you have. Lovely family as well. Memories like those are far and few between.

Blondie's Journal said...

Diane,
This was a very sweet post and your children are beautiful. The Muse put it aptly, I hope I have given my children the tools to move on, I just hope they don't go too far :-)
Have a great weekend!

xoxo
Janie

Bo said...

Hey Diane...awww, I see alot of mama pride going on here and I don't blame you for a minute!
Have a wonderful wk-end, ;-) Bo

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I like going on a sentimental journey with you, Diane! You have a beautiful family, and I know you're proud of them. :-)

XO,

Sheila

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family, Diane! I completely understand how you feel. I also know how proud you are of your children and those two sweet g'kids!

Shell in your Pocket said...

How sweet!
-sandy toe

The Raggedy Girl said...

What a lovely family and what a heart warming post about your children. Thank you.
Roberta Anne

Jon said...

Such a beautiful tribute to your family and particularly the note in your last paragraph to your children. Their leaving home cannot diminish the important ways you have touched their lives and all the happiness y'all have shared...because love remains forever.

Jon at Mississippi Garden

Sue said...

Time goes by so fast....I could feel every word that you wrote. I have those same feelings. It is so hard to say goodbye when our children leave home...but we must. You have a beautiful family.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This is such a lovely post Diane --I'm glad I didn't miss it. I hope Jonathan has wonderful experiences in NYC, and that it will open many doors for him in his chosen profession in the future!
Kelli is beautful and it is easy to see that your adorable grandsons are the apple of your eye!
Beautiful family -- you should be proud!

Hugs, Pat

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

What a beautiful family ya'll are.I see who the boys get the red hair from LOL. You are just beautiful Diane!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I think you should come visit Jonathan in NYC. :-) What an exciting opportunity for him! You must be brimming with pride.