Monday, July 21, 2008

Antique Shopping

If you have been reading my blog, you know that I love to shop antique shops or flea markets. This is one in Meridian. There is not a whole lot of furniture here...it is mostly small vintage stuff and flea market type merchandise, but still fun to browse through! I wanted to show you these little bowls I found there not too long ago. There was a set of six in these colors:
Here is another view of them....
Like so many things I buy, I didn't get them the day I saw them. I knew that I liked them and could use them as dessert dishes....so I went back, and got them for half price! We use them for so many things...fruit, ice cream, apples, etc! I'm sure they don't have much value, but we are enjoying them!
The funny thing is, since I bought them, I've noticed this little pattern at other antique shops or flea markets. There was a clear bowl at one shop with this pattern, and a larger yellow bowl at another. I didn't buy either....don't know why...guess I just wasn't in the buying mood! In fact, I don't even remember where I saw them! Guess buying these 6 was enough for me.

Hope everyone has a great day!

14 comments:

Southern Lady said...

Diane, seeing your pretty little dishes makes me want to visit that antique mall. It sounds like my kind of place.

Thank you so much for the "Brillante Weblog" award. I sincerely appreciate it ... and the tag questions sound like fun. I will try to answer them today.

Sincerely,

Janie

Gone said...

I love the set of bowls - they're very pretty.

When I started Antiquing and buying "things" I liked, I decided that there really didn't have to be a monetary value to any of it. To me, the value was the enjoyment I got from the items! And that's been the reason I've purchased MOST of the items I have.

Yes...it is funny how you NEVER notice something til you buy it...then you see it everywhere!!! LOL!!

Have a blessed day...

Jan

Dawn said...

I like those dishes and I like that they come in different colors. You are making me want to go out antique shopping! I haven't done it in YEARS! I'm still thinking about that coleus too!

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Morning Diane! Oh, what gorgeous little bowls! I'm so glad you got them! I'm glad to know you're using them, too, and not just looking at them!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kim's Treasures said...

Cute bowls! I can imagine you'd use them all the time! I just love using my treasures!
Have a great day!
Kim

Unknown said...

What fun you will have finding all kinds of little goodies to put inside... I love the edges... Susie h~

Anonymous said...

Lovely dishes! I love to go antiques. My sisters and I go sometime. Thanks again for giving me the award. You made my day brighter! You have a wonderful Monday! I post the awrd today :) Smile

Anonymous said...

Diane,

I have a large punch bowl and 4 small bowls (like you have) with that pattern. The set was given to me by my grandmother and is clear. I always use it for the holidays and parties.

Brandee :-)

Alexandra MacVean said...

oh, those are so cute! I need to go antique shopping as soon as I am up and on my feet again. I haven't done that in so long. Hope you have a beautiful day. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane, thanks for stopping by on my blog, I'm still figuring out how to add things to the side bar, love your bowls, we go antiquing a lot, sister(picket) laughs at us for gettignup & taking a 5 hr drive to Tenn just to go antiquing, we may have been to this one in Miss. if not we'll have to be sure to go LOL

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Your little bowls are so pretty! I love browsing antique malls!

Congrats on your award! You certainly deserve it! :)

Hugs, Rhonda

Picket said...

Hello girl..I love those vintage little bowls...it is always such a treat to find a little treasure and to get it on sale,,even better! Hope you are having a great day!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Diane

Thank you again for the very pretty award! I just gave it away on my blog.

Your bowls are very pretty and the best thing is that they are practical! I love to browse through vintage items and wish there were more fleas markets and antique malls near me. I have to travel pretty far to find them and if I hesitate buying something when I visit them I often regret it later as I can't go back! It drives me crazy...lol!

Hugs, Pat

Anne Fannie said...

I love those bowls! I love all the different colors they come in!