Friday, February 13, 2009

Family in New York City

Welcome to Family Fotos! Please visit Deborah at Pictures Pots and Pens for more Family Foto fun!

It has taken me awhile to get this post up this morning. I have been a watching the news about the plane crash in New York yesterday, and been so thankful to have had a safe flight home! My thoughts and prayers are with all of the victims of this tragedy.

On Sunday, I flew to New York City with my sister Robin and her son Austin. Since Robin is a flight attendant for Northwest/Delta, I was able to fly on a companion pass. We flew out of Memphis, which is a little over 3 hours from here and were lucky enough to get moved to first class! It was my first time (and possibly the last) time to fly first class! It was a great experience!
This is a picture of Austin and me before takeoff.

As soon as we checked in, my son Jonathan met us at our hotel near Times Square and we took off to visit Chinatown. Jonathan usually doesn't like to have his picture made-I took this one when he wasn't looking! We were in a pastry shop.

It took us the whole time there, but we finally figured out the New York City subway system. Everyone was so nice-guess it was obvious we were tourists with the cameras in our hand. This is Robin and Austin waiting to get in a subway.

We did lots in New York City including visiting the Museum of Natural History. Robin named this picture of the two of us front of the ostriches "Birds of a Feather." Pretty cute name! LOL

We had to make a few pics here-all of us liked the reflection in the glass case. Yes that is Jonathan in the background. He is about 6 feet tall-he doesn't get his height from me!
And finally, this is Robin posing with a tiger! This picture shows what a drama queen she is! In fact, she was brought on stage at Altar Boyz, an off Broadway show that we saw. Everyone in the audience thought she was actually part of the play!
We saw so much in NYC and had a blast. We all made it home safely and are still speaking to each other. I have lots more to share but I don't want to make my post too long! More later!

Thanks for stopping by today.

25 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

GM Diane and Welcome home from what looks like a fun and wonderful trip..I have been watching the plane crash also and am so sad about this..my prayers go out to the family...hope you have a great VD...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Shell in your Pocket said...

You are still talking to each other???that is a bonus:)!
-sandy toe

April said...

How fun, Diane! I'd have gone in a heartbeat! Maybe one day!

imjacobsmom said...

First class - how cool! Looks like you guys had a great time! You can sure tell you guys are sisiters -definitely birds of feather! ~ Robyn

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great Photos! Have never been on a plane, and don't want to get on one. Love the Birds of a Feather photo. Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Anonymous said...

Oh it sounds like fun.You look so lovely .happy v day...ann

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, more mature Sista..you could of posted a more becoming "Birds of a Feather" picture..I look like yo grandmother...hehehe

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post and the photos, Diane. What a great time!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Darlene said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous time. I would LOVE to go to New York City some day!♥

Joanna said...

What a great time you had! Have a great weekend!!

SmilingSally said...

Your boy is handsome. He's tall like my boy. How nice that you got to love him as well as your pretty sister and nephew.

The Raggedy Girl said...

What sweet photos and I am glad you are safely home too.
Roberta Anne

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Diane!

So glad you got home safely. That plane crash near Buffalo was such a tragedy.

It sounds like you had such a nice visit to NYC with your sis and nephew! I'm sorry we couldn't meet up this time, but it was such short notice, and this week was one filled with dentist, eye doctor, etc, appointments for me. Hopefully next time!

Looking forward to seeing the other places you were able to visit.
Tell Jonathan he is too handsome to be camera shy! :)

Hugs, Pat

Montee said...

New York is one place I have never been. If I ever get to go, it will probably have something to do with baseball.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

What fun...I love New York! Looks like you all were treated like celebrities or at least had as much fun as some.

Thanks for sharing your Big Apple experiences!
Deborah

Short and Sweet said...

Thanks for taking me on a tour of NYC. The photos really show how much fun everyone is having. Nice post and thanks for sharing.
Loretta

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Looks like you all had a fun trip!
Cute pictures of all of you, even the "candid camera" shots! ;-)

XO,

Sheila

Bo said...

Hi Diane...oh, yes...I am so sad for the plane that crashed...and even though you were on Delta...
I'm so glad you returned home safe & sound...your son is good looking man! ;-) Bo

Blondie's Journal said...

Diane,

What a great time you had! I know you probably have a lot more photo's to share & I can't wait. I love NYC. Have only been there once...

I too have heard of the plane crash and I am praying for all the family & friends of those poor casualties. I am especially sad about Beverly, the widow of someone who died in 911. She was flying to his hometown to honor his birthday. How heartbreaking...

Have a good weekend and thanks for sharing your good time with us.

xoxo
Jane

Steve Buser said...

looks like a fun trip. First Class? Some people have all the luck.

Jon said...

Glad y'all had such a nice trip and a safe return home. In spite of all the hassles involved in flying these days, it is enriching and worth it to travel to exciting cities like NYC, which next to New Orleans and San Francisco is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Jon at Mississippi Garden

Southern Lady said...

It surely sounds -- and looks -- like you had a wonderful time, Diane.

I have fond memories of our trip to New York, although our flight was not as memorable as yours. It was a nightmare of delays and hassles, but had a happy ending.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Best wishes for the happiest Valentine's Day ever!

Anonymous said...

Good morning Diane, I was excited when I saw your post today. You were all having so much fun and to think it began with first class seats. You look beautiful in the photo with your cute nephew. In fact all of your photos are great. Your son is handsome and tall and you and your sister look alike in many ways but mostly your sweet smiles. How fun it is to ride the subways and a challenge.

Have a wonderful day.

Love...Jeanne

nikkicrumpet said...

Great pictures...it does look like everyone was having fun. And there is just so much great stuff to do there!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I'm impressed that you navigated the subways!! :-)

I'm loving catching up with your NYC posts!