Thursday, November 27, 2008

Getting Started!

One of my favorite kids authors is Jack Prelutsky. You can read more of his poems at www.jackprelutsky.com

I Ate Too Much Turkey

by Jack Prelutsky


I ate too much turkey,
I ate too much corn,
I ate too much pudding and pie,
I'm stuffed up with muffins
and much too much stuffin',

I'm probably going to die.

I piled up my plate
and I ate and I ate,
but I wish I had known when to stop,
for I'm so crammed with yams,

sauces, gravies, and jams
that my buttons are starting to pop.

I'm full of tomatoes

and french fried potatoes,
my stomach is swollen and sore,
but there's still some dessert,
so I guess it won't hurt

if I eat just a little bit more.

What about you? Did you eat too much turkey? I didn't, but maybe ate too much other stuff!

Now, I am busy getting in boxes from the garage....So can you guess what I'm going to be doing???? One of the hardest parts is getting started! But once I dive in, I usually enjoy decorating my home for the holidays.

My new header, made with Smilebox, features pictures from last year. Cooper has really really changed, but I think Connor looks the same!

Hope you all had a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Yes, I ate too much, but it was sooo good. Tomorrow, I'll be doing the same thing as you're doing.

Darlene said...

I ate WAY too much of the side dishes...YUMMY!!! LOVE your new blog header!

Steve Buser said...

Thanks for the good wishes at New Orleans Daily Photo. Hope your Thanksgiving went well. Hope that your tree trimming is filled with delight.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Diane, you're doing what I need to be doing! I also ate too many sides. Now I'm paying! You think you're eating veggies, but it's all the sugar that went into them that puts you in a coma. ;-)

I love your new blog decor, and I just LOVE those precious boys. They make me smile. You've inspired me, Diane. I did my blog in blue, but I'm craving red for the season. Love it so much.

Hope you had a fun day. I'm sitting around trying to think of what I'm going to do for Tuesday. I have Monday covered.

XO,

Sheila (P.S. Check out Nana's doll I won in a giveaway on my blog. That Nana gave me hours of entertainment when she mailed me Annie. LOL!)

Anonymous said...

WHERE DID YOU GET THE ENERGY????I'M POOPED...ANN

Southern Lady said...

Diane, your day sounds like mine. I didn't eat ANY turkey, but can't say the same about the dressing, turnips and turnip greens (from my parents' garden), sweet potato casserole, ambrosia, and strawberry cake. Ugh ... that doesn't even sound good right now ... lol

I'm going to an estate sale in the morning, but plan to come home and decorate inside.

I love your new header and can't wait to see your house when you finish decorating.

Have fun !

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Your new header is just perfect! And that poem cracks me up...I don't eat turkey but the rest of it is a pretty accurate description of how my day went. :-)

I am amazed you've hauled out your Christmas decorations...I can barely stand!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Laura

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

And p.s. - THANK YOU so much for helping me support Hudson Cradle with your comment on my blog! It means the world to me!

nikkicrumpet said...

I love the new header!!! Very festive! I've had my hubby hauling boxes up from the basement all day lol...Now I just have to get my tushie off this chair and get started opening them. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

playsdolls said...

Love the poem,it is just to cute.And I did eat toooo much turkey.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and I will try to do your Picture it Tuesday this next week,thank you for the invite.
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving

Tootsie said...

I can't wait to see your decorations!!!! glad you enjoyed your thanksgiving1

Anonymous said...

I am going to be doing the same thing later this weekend. Ugh! It is great when it is all done, though, to have the tree lit up at night in the house. I love that. :-)

Dawn said...

I'm still full!!! I just ate a piece of pie that I shouldn't have. Now my buttons feel like they should be popping!!! Ah, but it only comes around once a year, so you have to enjoy all of the goodies.

I just packed up all the Thanksgiving decorations yesterday. I have to get Rich to get the Christmas boxes out of the attic.

I'm looking forward to the pictures.

take care,
Dawn