Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bargains give me a thrill!

All you blogging ladies have inspired me to get out and do some bargain shopping. One of the first blogs I visited, Southern Lagniappe, had wonderful pictures of flea market finds. So does Southern Hospitality. So yesterday after lunch with the girls, I had some time on my hands before picking up my grandson. I went by the Hope Village Thrift Shop. This shop supports the Hope Village for Children which was started in Meridian by actress Sela Ward. The carousel horse is a public arts project in Meridian called 'Carousels Abound'. The money from this project also supports Hope Village. The horses can be seen all around town.

Here is a picture of the 'goodies' I bought...all for less than $5! This picture is from Home Interiors and has been around awhile. I'm pretty sure I had one of these years ago! Ha, ha! Who knows.....this may have have been the one that I sold at a yard sale. I am using it on the screen porch.
These little overalls are for Cooper, the baby grandson. They have a little snail applique on the front. They will be the perfect size next winter.

And finally, I bought this little vase to put cut flowers in. They had so many of them....I may go back and pick up a few more to put flowers in for birthdays, etc. This one has hydrangas from a shrub I nursed back to health after buying it at Lowes 2 years ago on the clearance rack. I don't know about all of you, but getting a bargain makes me feel good...and it satisfies my need to shop!

12 comments:

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Oh my, Love all the treasures. I'm like you I love to find a bargain more than I like to eat. I was at that Daylily show a few years back but I did not have any flowers entered. Hugs, RoseMarie

Donna Kay said...

Thanks so much for the visit - come back any time.....love, love yard sales, thrift shops, junk shops...all of them!!!
At the end of this month, about 4 of us are going to Hot Springs, AR and do some "junking"!!!
Your grandsons are just too cute!!!!
Bless....
Donna

Anonymous said...

You had a great day of shopping. That little outfit is adorable.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

I love your new collage/banner...it looks great!

And you did very well junkin'!
It is very addictive, but so much fun! LOL! "The thrill of the Hunt!"

Hugs, Rhonda ;)

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What fun things you found. I just love thrift stores. Thank-you for sharing how you started blogging. It only gets better with time.
Take care,
ginger

Sue said...

Hi,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your treasures look great. Hope to get by again to see how you are doing.
Hugs
Sue

Justabeachkat said...

Diane

Thanks so much for visiting me. I hope you'll come again...you're always welcome.

What a beautiful blog you have. I've sure enjoyed my visit here this morning.

Hugs!
Kat

Michelle said...

I love all the treasures ~ that picture looks great!

Michelle

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Yes-- bargains are the best! The boy's romper is adorable!
Hugs, Pat

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane! Glad you stopped by. I refuse to ever pay full price for anything and have sometimes given up things I like but oh well I get my high on a bargain! Looks like you find quite a few! I need to check out the rest of your pages but wanted to say Hi and I'll visit often! - Jeannette

Kelli said...

Ooh...such wonderful finds! Those little overalls are too cute!
~Kelli

Rhondi said...

Hi Diane
Great bargains you got there. Stop by my blog when you can. I've tagged you.
Hugs, Rhondi