Monday, June 23, 2008

Trip Report -San Antonio Day 1

Last weekend I traveled to San Antonio, Texas with my friend Janet. We met up with some National Board Certified Teachers that we both knew. They were in San Antonio training assessors to assess candidate portfolios. The first day we went to The 37th Annual Texas Folklife Festival. This event is held at the spot of the 1968 World's Fair. Here are some picture highlights of the day:

Janet and I posing in front of 'Texas Art'
A pair of Laura Bush's tennis shoes in the museumA Piece of Stained Glass with Depression Glass in centerA Silkworm Demonstration
A Bottle Tree Janet and I in the Replica of the One Room School House

You can see from the pictures that we had many wonderful experiences that day. San Antonio is a beautiful city...and the people were so friendly. Come back tomorrow for pictures of the Riverwalk and the Alamo!

6 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Diane
I like the new look of your blog!
I visited San Antonio once and fell in love with it! The Riverwalk was so picturesque.
That stain glass window displayed at the festival is so pretty!
My daughter-in law is a techer in Denver, CO, and my daughter might switch careers from business to teaching mext year. She has been going to graduate school for her Masters in Education part time. Great profession!

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane! Glad you stopped by today! My husband had to go to San Antonio once for business and I joined him. We enjoyed our visit (my husband enjoyed some great barbeque ribs at a saloon type place (can't remember name)people were nice too! Looks like you had a good time with your friend. I wish my daughter would have chosen teaching instead of criminal justice but its her choice and I guess I will have to learn to deal with it; a lot can change in the next 4 years after college. Have a great day - hope you visit again - Jeannette

Southern Lady said...

Diane, your new logo looks great. I love to change mine every now and then, too.

I enjoyed your post about your San Antonio trip and will look forward to seeing the River Walk. My husband and I were there many years ago and it will be interesting to see the changes.

You take care now ...

Sincerely,
Janie

Joanne Kennedy said...

Sure looks like you had a blast! My sister went there last year and said she really enjoyed it too.

Maybe someday I'll have to take a trip there too.

Thanks for signing up for my giveaway.

Joanne

Justabeachkat said...

Oh, I'm jealous! I've been wanting to go see The Riverwalk for some time now. And the Alamo. And the city. Maybe soon. I'm enjoying your photos.

Hugs!
Kat

Dawn said...

It looks like you had a great time. I just love that picture of the depression glass in the stain glass frame. It's beautiful. The bottle tree looks interesting as well.

take care,
Dawn