Sunday, June 22, 2008

Reflections on Bible School

I have to confess that I was a little 'cranky' about working in Bible School this year. The director (who did a outstanding job) moved the time to night...and I was used to mornings. I was still recouping from my eye surgery, and on and on!
But in spite of my attitude, Bible School was a great success and the Lord blessed me with a great week. Young couples that normally don't get to work cheerfully took on jobs and did a great job!
I worked in crafts, and Connor was in the 5 year old group. He had a group of wonderful leaders! Here are some pics:

Connor helping us set up

Connor with a new friend
Connor and Mimi
At the end of the week, Connor said "Bible school has been so much fun! I want to go again!" all said with a big hug for me!
I am so thankful I had the chance to take him, and for the Lord's forgiveness in my lack of joy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by. We just finished up Bible school here also. Kaytlynn is ready to go back.

Dawn said...

I'm glad things turned around and you had a good time. Connor is very cute. I love his read hair :)


Thank you for your post this morning. I do like Jodi Picoult. I have two more of her books here to read this summer. I might start one of them this week. I saw that there is a movie (The Tenth Circle) on Lifetime TV next weekend.

Enjoy your day.

take care,
Dawn

Kelli said...

I'm glad you all had a wonderful time! Our church is having VBS this coming week!
~Kelli

PAT said...

Catching up with you, after our visit from Gabi.

I enjoyed seeing your photos. Looks like Conner was a big help!

I remember one nighttime VBS, during the 70's. I think that one year is the only one. The rest were daytime, when I was working VBS. Haven't done that, in years!

Have a great week.

I'll try to do my favorite things post, this week.

Pat