Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Let's Go Antiquing!

I'm always ready to go antiquing especially when I can find someone who enjoys it as much as I do! Yesterday my friend Janet and I went to Laurel, MS. to visit the Lauren Rodgers Museum of Art. Before we went to the museum, we went to Collins to the Antique Galleria. Collins is about 60 miles south of Jackson, and 30 miles north of Hattiesburg. The store was very well maintained and the merchandise was artfully displayed. I saw lots of things that caught my eye!


This little table with a shelf would have looked great on my porch, but it was already sold! Don't know the price.
I love this old oak chest. Cooper will be needing something eventually...and is was $300 and in great condition.

Here is another mahogony chest that would look great in our guest bedroom. It was $400 and in excellent condition.
I seriously considered this little oak chest to replace an end table in our living room. It was $125.
I really loved this oil painting on canvas....the frame was beautiful! I am not sure if it is a good buy or not. It was 30% off of $275. I will probably keep looking for something that is more of a bargain!
Here's another cabinet I liked. It is in the same finish as my kitchen cabinets. It would look great in my breakfast area. I think I can get something a little cheaper though and paint it myself. It was $750.

This little tea pot set with plates and cups was so cute. It would have looked great with my china! I didn't price it!
Here's Janet's reflection in an oak hall tree. She is modeling a little mink hat....she bought it to wear to an event with her teacher sorority.
You may be wondering what I bought...nothing of great value...just some things for my porch, etc. The little red birdhouse is for my porch, the vase to put flowers in for a gift, and the sign for my garden.Also, I found this cute little set of Mary Engelbreit's Season books for $2 each. There is one for each season, and they are full of ideas for all the holidays as well as thoughts!There is so much more to see than these pics show! There is a little resturant in the store too...we had chicken salad, fruit, and fried green tomatoes! We liked the store so much that we are planning another trip there next week!

15 comments:

Gone said...

It sounds like you and Janet had a lovely time antiquing. I'm glad you shared so many pictures.

The items you got are so cute.

~Blessings,
Jan

ps...thanks for the visit

Dawn said...

It sounds like you had a great time. You found some nice things. I used to go antiquing with a friend years and years ago. I bought a few things and really enjoyed the experience.

take care,
Dawn

Southern Lady said...

Diane, I just finished browsing the Galleria and had a sense of deja vu. I was there last month and saw some of the things in your pictures. In fact, I looked at that painting, too, but couldn't tell if it was an original or a reproduction. At that price, it should have been an original. I think it's neat that Delta Burke and Gerald McRaney own the Galleria, and wonder if they ever visit it when he comes back home to Collins.

I've also been to the museum in Laurel. Small world, isn't it!

Sincerely,
Janie

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh..didn't know that Delta Burke was a co-owner! No wonder it is so nice!

Thanks for you opinion on the painting...I will probably pass on it!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hello Diane

What a nice antique store! Those chests were reasonably priced for their quality.

I love Mary Engelbreit, and those books were a great find!

Hugs, Pat

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Hey Diane, Did you see my two booths? You guys look like you had fun. Stopped by to let you know I just tagged you. Stroll on over and see what it is all about. Hugs, RoseMarie

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Oh yea I had a sign like the one you bought, in one of my booths. rosemarie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day. I will have to go in there next time I go to Collins.

Anonymous said...

It sounds as if you two had a wonderful day, and you saw lots of pretty things.

Love your birdhouse.

Cami said...

My favorite piece is the off white glass front cabinet! Wonderful!

Justabeachkat said...

So much "eye candy"! Looks like you girls had a good time.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane! Looks like a fun day. I really like those dishes and that cream hutch. But I would have been satisfied to buy the ME books. It is so fun to look at her style. The bird house and sign are adorable too. You ladies all have such great shops to browse in. I really need to get out more!lol (maybe if I got off the computer?) Have a great day tomorrow - Jeannette (its late; waiting for daughter again!)

Anonymous said...

congratulations! YOU HAVE nice antique store,really enjoyed
kosala from srilanka
http://asianlanka.blogspot.com/
http://youtube-home.blogspot.com/

mommyholly said...

Oooh fun little finds! I always love a day to go check out neat antiques!! Can't wait to see where you are going on "vacation"!!! xoxox

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Diane, what a fun way to spend the afternoon...to go antiquing! I like the dishes and the treasures you bought are nice.
Love, Ann